Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 101st airborne or drenalin LD >

101st airborne or drenalin LD

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

101st airborne or drenalin LD

Old 12-07-2007, 10:17 PM

Default 101st airborne or drenalin LD

my other3 choices were the mathews s2, martin firecat pro x, and browning grand illusion mf.
I was open to all 5 of these bows and had a spread sheet with all the specs down i dumped the martin because of the hybrid cam to get rid of possible minor cam timing problems, and dumped the browning because of the let off choices ( not worried about boone & crockett record book or which ever it is i know one of you will correct me), dumped the s2 simply because i really wanted a longer ata bow...cant remember but one of these also only had 1 inch increments in draw lenght.
so now i am stuckbetween the 101st and the drenalin LD.
a binary cam is pretty much free floating and self timing and the LD has a single cam which is also pretty much maint. free
both have approx 36.5 inch ata
both have 1/2 inch increments in draw length
nearly the same BraceHeight.

seems like the only big difference is in the ibo speeds and that is not very important to me 101 is 332-340 and LD 315 but in the grand scheme of things in hunting situations not very much different.

the only thing left for me to do is to go shoot these two bows to see how the cams make the draw different, how they feel in my hand, how smooth they are or arent..im thinkin probably very comparable, the weight of the bow is not a factor but weight distribution is.

i cannot find an msrp on the 101st...the LD msrp is 899 has anyone seen on for sale yet or heard about an msrp.

what else should i be looking for...I went with cam type, brace height,ata,let off,draw length and weight.
the most important to me was cam type, brace height then ata in that order.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:13 PM

Default RE: 101st airborne or drenalin LD

no comments suggestions or ANYTHING ????
very unusual for you fellas I'm kinda disappointed
Old 12-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Al... it's the weekend, and a lot of folks are out hunting or Christmas shopping... (me the former )

MSRP on both Airbornes is $829, though i don't expect them to be charged that at most shops.

To me, the draw cycle is going to be so much different between these two bows that you're simply going to have to go shoot them both and form your own opinion; no matter what anyone writes on here, there's simply no way to compare these bows without shooting them yourself.

The grip is going to feel very different on the two bows as well. Some have stated that Mathews made an effort to slim their grips down some... I've held their two new offerings this year, and I can assure you that if they did slim them down, it wasn't by much at all. Now you may like a fatter grip, I'm not sure... but that'll be something else distinctly different between the two.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are looking for a longer A to A then be sure and check out the Commander (37.5") and the Constitution (41") Comparing the Airborne to the Drenalin LD is sort of like comparing an apple and an orange. Shoot as many as you can get your hands on and the choice will become obvious.

Dan
Old 12-09-2007, 07:33 PM

i did go look at the bow tech web site i just dont care for the way those bows with the "extra" piece on them look but i am now considering constitution along with the other 2... as a matter of fact i am now leaning mor to the constitution because of the brace height first and the length of the bow second.
wont be till spring or early summer when i get one but if any thing happens that i cant i can always look to see whats new for 09 lol.
i am getting fairly good with the antique i am shooting now and that sucker feels like there is a cow tied on the arrow and i'm tryin to pull it back too.I know all bows arent like this. its set to 70 lbs and i have drawn a pse that was set at 105lbs left handed (i'm a righty)and it was sooo much easier than what i have now.
my bro is a lefty he had bows at 105...92.5 ...and 80 and i could draw them no trouble but this one i got now its set @ 70 and it is a pure bull...the more i shoot it the easier it gets but i feel a bow should shoot like these other 3...the pse was 105 the browning was 92 and a mathews z-max at 80.
meanv thanks for the lead on the constitution.
greg thank you for the honesty.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Al, No problemsI have been looking at the Constitution for a couple of years and every time I talk to some one that owns one I realize I need to bite the bullet and get one. All reports I hear are they are anextremely stable shooting platform and theyshoot and groupunbelievable.

I remember when I would have thought that was a short bow.
I know! I'm an Ol Fart

Dan