Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drenalin or DXT

Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Drenalin or DXT

As of right now Im shooting a Mathews mustang at #52 and 26". Ive started to outgrow this bow, and Im looking into getting a new one. I really like the Drenalin and Drenalin XT. What is the difference in these two, and which would you recomend? Feel free to recomend other bows as well. Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Drenalin or DXT

I have a Drenalin and love it. As far as differences there aren't to many dxt is shorter, different brace height i belive, different grip. Anyways they are both great bows . Shoot them both and decide for yourself.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

My father just purchased a New DXT, and even though I would never let him know, It is by far the sweatest shooting bow I've ever shot. Im shying away from the Matthews because of there crazy prices, and I've just purchased a new Cardiac Ross Bow that isvery very nice. BUT...his new dxt is crazy smooth and once everything is on it nices shooting bow I've ever shot!!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buddy that is also getting a new bow and shot the DXT, Drenalin, Switchback and several other makes and models last weekend....

He said he was really surprised because he liked the Switchback XT the best...
Old 12-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I have always liked matthews, and the Drenalin shoots great. But After shooting them back to back with the new HCA's, bowtechs, And Diamonds, I must say, they were really not the head of the pack. The HCA iron mace was pretty unreal, and fast!! The Bowtech general was by far the SMOOTHEST bow I have ever shot.The diamond marquis and black Ice were light, fast and very smooth, with very little of that single cam "kick" that used to be so prominant. before you just set on the DXT or drenalin, I would definatly get out and shoot em all. Then if you still like the matthews best, you wil really know that it is the best bow out there for you.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

I had a buddy that is also getting a new bow and shot the DXT, Drenalin, Switchback and several other makes and models last weekend....

He said he was really surprised because he liked the Switchback XT the best...
i said the same thing when i tried the drenalin a few months back... the switchback xt is by far the nicest mathews i've shot... didn't like the drenalin at all... it felt rough and unrefined compared to the switchback, which felt very nice was a high quality package to me...
Old 12-05-2007, 09:34 AM
bigcountry

I was able to shoot the drenalin and DXT over thanksgiving week in Ky. And for the life of me can't understand why they would develop the DXT so unbalanced. It was aweful. And not give you the opportunity to add back wieght/stabilier to balance it out. After the shot, it will fall forward fast. I like the drenalin better, at least give you the opportunity to balance the bow. But I also prefer the wide limbs, and limb pockets on the switchback. If I was to choose, I would just go with the switchback over them all. Extra few oz's just is not worth it to me.

But then, after you shoot a Commander, none of the mathew lines really matter.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I FINALLY got to shoot the DXT the other night. I shot the General too. I liked both, but felt the DXT was better for me. I told the guy the General wasn't as smooth as I heard, he claimed since it's been shot a thousand times the brand new DXT still had it's "newness."

Hmmmm, this coming from one of the worst bow shops I've ever been in. These hilljacks should have never been allowed to sell either bow. But it's either the 5 minute drive there, or a 45 minute drive to the next archery shop. GD'it. My garage is better organized and nicer than their shop. These guys also slammed Mathews for years..until they just became a Mathews dealer. They piss me off.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, just go to their site and compare any of their bows.

http://mathewsinc.com/browse-bows.asp
Old 12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

These guys also slammed Mathews for years..until they just became a Mathews dealer. They piss me off.
That is funny, and very typical of people who are jealous over the success ofMathews.

I am going to be upgrading from my Feathermax in the spring, and I so far I've only shot the Drenalin, and the Switchback XT.

I really like the feel of the Switchback XT, which I think is much smoother than the Drenalin.

Quick Reply: Drenalin or DXT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.