Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Do Bowtech dealers get more info? >

Do Bowtech dealers get more info?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Do Bowtech dealers get more info?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:03 AM
bigcountry

Default Do Bowtech dealers get more info?

What I mean, is does bowtech dealers get more info on bowcare for the newer bowtechs.

Bowtech used to give alot of info about thier bows, like timing, upkeep, and detailed info about each bow in thier owners manual. I look at my 2004 manual, and its very detailed about where the timing is measured, and specific location of the speed nocks, and draw length mods needed. Specific ATA for each bow, and BH. It might even give string length, can't remember. It was very nice. Even if you don't maintain your own bow, its nice to know whats going on.

New manuals are pretty well worthless. I was trying to compare my 07 commander to the 08 but they don't offer that info anymore. I have to find an old advertisment. I am sure they have done this by design.

But for you guys who give feedback to bowtech, let em know us loyal customers who has had a few miss the good info.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do Bowtech dealers get more info?

I would (assssume)that the Dealers/Mfg rely on the internet(web site)for the Tech aspect of there bows,this also saves them on printing cost.
just a thought......
Old 11-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree more details are nice, but with printing deadlines and getting all the specs on the bow lined up at a certain time it isn't always possible. If there is any info you need specifically there are several on here who can let you know or at the very least find out for you

Dan
Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I agree more details are nice, but with printing deadlines and getting all the specs on the bow lined up at a certain time it isn't always possible. If there is any info you need specifically there are several on here who can let you know or at the very least find out for you

Dan
I appreciate it. It would just be nice if Bowtech could put up some more data on thier website. For instance, I had a heck of a time finding out what mod I needed for my commander. I had to call bowtech. They let me know. But wouldn't it have been easier just to add it to thier download section in 07 manual section.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
I appreciate it. It would just be nice if Bowtech could put up some more data on thier website. For instance, I had a heck of a time finding out what mod I needed for my commander. I had to call bowtech. They let me know. But wouldn't it have been easier just to add it to thier download section in 07 manual section.
If you need that sort of info you can always PM one of the Corporate Staff on hereI know I'd always try to give you an answer or direct you to where you could find one

Dan
Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Spike

I have to put my two cents worth in and say that I agree with "Bigcountry" on the skimpy manuals. If anything, in this day and age of
electronics it wouldn't take someone that much time or effort to compile a few spec sheets and tune tips into PDF downloads on the web
site for those that think they need or just want the option of being able to get more detailed information. The more information you have
at your finger tips the better off you are! I know I'd really appreciate it!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta agree with that. Even as a Bowtech shooter, that lack of information is cheesy at best. There may be times when yu are not able to call Bowtech's staff. i.e.at the lease or on the weekends. They really need to fix this.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure Bowtech made a concious decision to limit the specs and information available to purchasers. You don't go from the excellent manuals we used to get to the generic marketing brochures with no content that we have now. I would rather get the information all at once than have to make all kinds of calls to 800 lines. My guess is they are trying to steer basic tuning business to the pro shops and or avoid warranty work resulting from owner error type tinkering and tuning.