Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I am shocked! Bowtech staff >

I am shocked! Bowtech staff

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I am shocked! Bowtech staff

Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I am shocked! Bowtech staff

I can tell you that my single cam Patriot will shoot a 400 grain arrow at 304 fps 71#, 30" draw.

My Dually Patriot will shoot the same arrow at 315 fps and will shoot a 490 grain Axis FMJ at 289fps.

My 1993 High Country dual cam bow will shoot a 420ish grain arrow at about 275. But, there is no comparison in the bows and the way they shoot. The wall is spongy in the HC and rock solid on both on the Bowtechs. And the jump, noise and vibration is not even comparable either. Speed wise there may not be a huge difference but the overall shooting is much better with the new bows.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

I just don't get it. I mean why would anyone want to loose speed. If you have an older bow that you are comfortable with and used to would you spend 700 on a bow that shoots slower. I mean there ways to quiet a bow. Much more affordable ways to quiet a bow than go buy a new one. I am a huge bowtech fan. I mean I have wanted a new guardian since I first saw them come out. I will never buy one just for the simple fact that what I have shoots faster and I am comfortable with. I am just dissappointed that is it. There is all this hype about speed, and when it comes down to it, a new bow is not any faster. By they way I have never had a deer jump my string or even know that I have shot until the arrow has already hit them.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm reading your initial post correctly the Allegiance beat your bow by 4 fps? there's you new bow if faster, smoother, quieter is your criteria.

And when you list "stores IBO arrow" I assume you are referring to a 350 grain arrow which would be heavy IBO for a 60# bow in the Allegiances case. (60x5=300)

Good luck in your decision. Sounds like you've got a fast bow to start with.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 PM

okgobbler. My first ? is why are you shooting such a heavy arrow out of that bow. For every 3grains over you are losing 1 fps so for you. you are losing 26 fps out of your bow. so your bow with a 300 grain arrow should shoot in the neighborhood of 288fps not bad.These calculations areassuming your 5575 goldtiparrows are around 28in. The allegiance will shoot around a 291 with a 300 grain arrow. if you bought a allegiance in 70 lbs it will shoot a whole lot faster. Guardian 302 thats alot faster and a smooth bow. Granted these are all only a little faster than the bow you have. I own a guardian 70lbs in a 26 inch draw length it shoots 272 with a 355grained arrow goldtip 3555 quickspines which slows it down and I have 60 foot pounds of ke so the same bow in a 29 inch draw at 70lbs will launch an arrow around 40 fps faster thats around 70 foot pouns of ke. So has to What I am really rambling on about is that even though it is not that much faster the KE of say the guardian is around 40 fps faster than what you are shooting know with a 350 grain arrow and 10 foot pounds of Ke. your Ke of your current set is 70 foot pounds of KE at only 262.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:52 AM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kldad06

I just don't get it. I mean why would anyone want to loose speed. If you have an older bow that you are comfortable with and used to would you spend 700 on a bow that shoots slower. I mean there ways to quiet a bow.I am a huge bowtech fan. I mean I have wanted a new guardian since I first saw them come out. I will never buy one just for the simple fact that what I have shoots faster and I am comfortable with. I am just dissappointed that is it. There is all this hype about speed, and when it comes down to it, a new bow is not any faster. By they way I have never had a deer jump my string or even know that I have shot until the arrow has already hit them.
I don't get what YOU don't get. You ask why anyone would want to lose speed, but then you admit that the speed talk is hype and that you've never lost a deer due to a slow arrow anyway.

The thing is: speed is nice, for sure, but it's not everything. Personally, I couldn't care less if a bow shoots 350 fps if it has a ridiculously short brace height, the draw cycle is nasty and it sounds like a car door slamming when you shoot it.

Yes, there are ways that will *help* quiet a bow, but you can only do so much. I have an old Oneida bow that will never -EVER- be as quiet as my stripped-down 04 BowTech, no matter what you do to it.

So would I trade off some speed for an overall better bow?Absolutely.If it draws back so smooth that it feels like you're pulling 10lbs less than what you actually are and shoots really tight groups and you can'teven hear it shoot, why wouldn't you buy it? Who cares if it happens to shoot 5-10 fps slower???

Old 11-22-2007, 01:51 PM

Would of been nice to see the draw lengths of the bows shot. My Guardian at 29" 60 lbs shoots a 463 gr arrow at 256 fps and my 60 lb Allyshoots IBO in the 320s. The only reason I bring this up is the Ally should be above the Guardian in both hunting and IBO speeds so it appears to me that the Ally could of been short draw
Old 11-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike,

I just figured out why you had to register as "crackers1" after finally noticing the filter messing with your sig line...

Welcome aboard, by the way!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

See? it even edited that out. [8D]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only one I have chrono'd so far is my Allegiance,

381 grain arrow, 28.5" draw at 70lbs my arrows speed is 305fps.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech Tribute set at 65lbs with a 28.5 in drawlaunching a510 grain arrow gets me255 FPS
same set up with a 400 grain arrow gets me 290 FPS

Quick Reply: I am shocked! Bowtech staff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.