Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What size release for a girl? >

What size release for a girl?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What size release for a girl?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What size release for a girl?

Im bought my GF a bow for christmas and i dont know what kinda of release to get her.... a junior or a normal? i dont want her to have any idea what im doin, she's average 5' 9"ish and 125-130lbs ish.... should i get her a junior or an adult?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Default RE: What size release for a girl?

If she has short stubby hands/fingers I'd get her a junior, if they're normal to long I'd go with an adult. If you get a buckle wrist strap (which I recommend over velcro) you may have to punch new holes in it to accomodate her more delicate wrist size. The other option is to get her a thumb trigger style like a Carter Target 3 and not worry about it.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM

The best option is to give up on the surprise element and let her pick one out so you know it fits her and it is what she wants. Otherwise it may just be a waste of money, and some releases are pretty darn expensive.

I wouldn't have suggested getting a bow as a surprise either. I got my girlfriend a bow for her birthday but I took her with me so she could pick it out and they could fit it to her.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 11-14-2007, 02:45 PM

Option one: A wrist sweat ban helps with a wrist style release for the smaller wrists. I'd have her put one on under the wrist buckle strap and it will help her from it sliding down to far on to her hand. Plus it feels better while it is cushioning the pull on her arm.

Or option two: Is a 4 finger thumb release by Trufire called the 3D Hunter. Simple to use and easy to hold for a gal and not to hard on the wallet.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:00 PM

There are many releases out that now that can be adjusted for youngsters to adults with straps between the wrist strap and the release head. Some of them are, The Short and sweet by Truball, The primos 44 magnum by Fletcher, and scoot itty bitty gooses are all good releases for the money.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also got my wife a new bow this year . She had never before shot one anyway I got her a Scott little googe and it is perfect a great little release from a great company.