Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 draw weight decreasing???? >

draw weight decreasing????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

draw weight decreasing????

Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default draw weight decreasing????

I started a month or so b4 the season w/ my trykon xl in 50-60 lbs maxed out it was drawing 62#. Was having trouble w/ peep aligning went in to my shop and had roy work his magic. Decided to have him check draw weight still all maxed but only 58.5 lbs. I shoot alot could this be from string stretch I should have asked but at the time didn't think of it. Is it possible string did stretch that much and thats what was causing peep trouble. These are the original fuse strings on the bow and I shot the hell out of it all summer 50-75 shots a day. Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: draw weight decreasing????

I had to add a twist or two to the string in my Trykon XL every 4 to 5 weeks because of creep. ( Stretch is like a rubber band, it returns to the original length, creep adds length and stays that way. ) Wasn't at all impressed with the fuse strings. Nice shooting bow, but you need to invest in some good aftermarket strings. That should stop all issues with your peep. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shooting bow, but you need to invest in some good aftermarket strings. That should stop all issues with your peep. Good luck.
Agree. Hoyt strings and cables are the worst.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 AM

definitely need a good set of custom strings.We replace alot of the fuse strings here at the shop.We replace them with our very own Wolfden Bowstrings.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Contact gibblet here on the forum he makes the best strings I have come across in the last 46 years not to mention his customer service is 2nd to none.

His email is [email protected]or you can call him on 828-680-9862
Old 11-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

check your limb bolts. my buddies loosened. i dont know how.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:42 PM

If your string is starching your bow poundage should increase and your draw length should get longer and if your buss is stretching shorter. String stretch will make your peep rotate. Put a mark on your limb bolts with a magic marker and see if you limb bolts are backing out after you shoot it after time. Check your brace height and if it moves and gets shorter you string is stretching and will get longer if your buss cable is stretching.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

If your string is starching your bow poundage should in cress and your draw length should get longer and if your buss is stretching shorter. String stretch will make your peep rotate. Put a mark on your limb bolts with a magic marker and see if you limb bolts are backing out after you shoot it after time. Check your brace height and if it moves and gets shorter you string is stretching and will get longer if your buss cable is stretching.
WHAT?

Old 11-10-2007, 02:51 PM

If your string gets longer your cam will rotate in gaining draw length and poundage. If you buss cable stretching your cam will rotate out changing your draw length shorter. Twist up your string and see what happens if you what to increaes your poundage on your bow twist up both to keep your draw the same. It will put more pressure on your limbs and you will get more poundage, but well increaes your brace height to.