Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Luminok????

Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Luminok????

Hey ya'll. I'm thinking of going to the luminoks as I am hunting in deep timber and I'm having trouble seeing the arrow any further than 20 yards. Any problems? HOW MUCH DO THEY AFFECT THE ARROW FLIGHT?

Any help would be appreciated as I have glued my other noks in my shafts and if I'm going to use them I have to buy new arrows.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Luminok????

Luminoksare awesome! They don't affect the flight of the arrow much. Check out their web site, http://www.lumenok.net/photo.htm
Old 10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

I have them. I had to adjust my sight a bit. They will add enough weight to cause your arrow to drop more quickly. I just adjusted my entire sight a hair and was dead on at 20-30-40. No need to adjust individual pins.

It's like shooting a lazer. It's really that neat. I had a bad one from the factory and they replaced it no questions....great customer service. Great product. I don't know why anyone would hunt without them!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, convinced me. Great info on the website. I have not tried them yet, but I will.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM

They are a mixed blessing, IMO. First off, they add weight to the back of the arrow - compromising the FOC. The mechanism that shuts them off doesn't always work, and the batteries go dead. And, worst of all, every hunter wants to see where his arrow hit. So we are real concerned about the flight of the luminock when we should be focusing our attention on things like form and follow through. I tried them. Not interested.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know how many times I have to say it.............Tracer Nocks!!!!!!!!!!

There is no comparing the luminok to the Tracer Nocks!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Never heard of tracer nocks. What are they?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.tracerarrow.com/page/page/996884.htm

I dont know if the link will work but that is the webpage.

I honestly have never personally owned the luminocks, but know of a few people that have and they hate them and for what I can see they are JUNK!!!!!
I bought the Tracer nocks this year and they turn on using a magnet, a magnet mounts too your bow and when the nock goes by it turns on! I have shot prob 300(?) shots with mine and have never had one not light!!

They stay tight in the arrow and the new smart tracer has a built in flash mode in them, after 10 seconds it will start flashing to save battery life and I think it an awesome feature!!

I have also heard people say that without the magnet they turn on real well also????

The only downside I can see is they add 30grains of what to the back of the arrow and luminocks are only 12-17grains or something like that?? I honestly could not tell much of a difference if hardly any with mine. I would take 15 extra grains for QUALITY any day over the luminocks!!!

Take a look at them!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 PM

this might interest you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk
Old 10-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Go with the tracer nock. THere have been instances with the luminocks not lighting up on release for some reason but with the tracer nock it is guaranteed they will light up because the light is forced on by the magnet and doesnt rely on the being forced into contact to light it up. Much better design with the tracer nock IMO.

Quick Reply: Luminok????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.