Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Luminok????

Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Luminok????

As western and archer have already said, I would go with the tracer nocks over the lumenok. Much more reliable and even though they do add a little more weight, its not enough to hurt arrow flight at all. I have used both lumenoks and tracer nocks and have had the lumenoks fail on more than just a couple occasions, and if I'm gonna spend the money on a $10+ nock then I want it to work when its supposed to, and thats what tracer nocks do. They work.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

So are the Tracer Knocks just for carbon arrows only?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

ALF Thats a cool video. I like the idea of the bobber light.I do have probably 30 or so extra nocks laying around so I might give it a try, What was the brand name of the bobber light? I thought he said TILL. But the spelling looked different on the package. Thanks for all the input and info. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out if I can find the lights.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't use either one all the time, but I have used the Lumenock at times and have had zero problems. It would be my choice just for the weight savings. I don't like adding extra weight to the back of my arrow, and if there was a failure to light it wouldn't be the end of the world

Dan
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

AZBear, I think the Tracer Nocks work with some aluminums, as well.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Build your own. It's very easy to do. Contact me and I can send you the instructions.

Darrall
Old 11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use them, and they work great!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

They are a mixed blessing, IMO. First off, they add weight to the back of the arrow - compromising the FOC. The mechanism that shuts them off doesn't always work, and the batteries go dead. And, worst of all, every hunter wants to see where his arrow hit. So we are real concerned about the flight of the luminock when we should be focusing our attention on things like form and follow through. I tried them. Not interested.
I agree too with Roskoe. I don't want anything to take away from my FOC even though it's 21 %. Plus I don't want to concentrate on the arrow, I want to follow through with the shot.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:46 AM

I switched from Lumenok to Tracer Knocks this year. I like them much better. Haven't had a single one fail.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:01 AM

tose were thill bobbers but any push on pull off one will work

Quick Reply: Luminok????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.