Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How Could This Happen? >

How Could This Happen?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How Could This Happen?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:15 AM

Default RE: How Could This Happen?

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz
everyone is so quick to yell at the suggestion of mechanicals. the guy said his bow is tuned thats why i said shoot mechs with good ones you dont have to worry about damage from practice just shoot them only to hunt. with broadheads that last shot into the target might have bent the blades and youd never know until you shoot it at an animal.
In his post I could see no where he said his bow was tuned. He did say, "I figured if my bow is tuned". "if" is a critical point. In fact, reading it, you can tell he doesn't know. A good tune can only be confirmed by bareshaft tuning or broadhead tuning at the range. I don't see where he said either of these has been done. I have to agree with the others, using a mechanical to cover a tuning problem is not a good idea. In order to help him, we need a lot more info about his arrows and his setup. If spine and FOC are acceptable, then he has to start looking at the tuning process and for little things like spinning broadheads. I would bet that he would be greatly helped by downloading Easton's tuning guide and carefully following all the steps.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 AM

I got it guys...Thank You......fora weekI have been trying to restrain from touching anything on my bow.....
my bow is in tune...I was just a little flustered while I was writing the original post.....just wasn't sure why it was happening, but it was me all along....which is why I didn't want to touch my bow because I was shooting so well before....took my Dad 2 seconds to tell me what I was doing differently...I just didn't realise it.....
Sometimes you just have to go back to basics.....problem solved...Thanks Again!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

What was the problem?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 AM

Honestly.....I wasn't using my correct anchor points......I normally have my bow string just touching my nose....I was pushing it too far.....
Old 10-20-2007, 10:07 PM

"In a well tuned bow it shouldn't matter whether you shoot a field point, broad head or mechanical. They should all fly the same and group together."

IMO.... this is a bogus statement.....rotating your broadheads all the same makes a difference on the flight of your arrowusing afixed blade broad head, ina 3 blade ora 2 blade espeacilly. The 4 blade heads are not so noticeable..... You are putting wings on the front of that arrow guys! It DOES make a difference.....try taking off in a well tuned airplane with one flap up, and the other one down.....It ain't going to fly so well.....Kirk