Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What Spine is needed? >

What Spine is needed?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What Spine is needed?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 AM

Default What Spine is needed?

I am shooting GT Laser II's CB Bolts but have been hearing alot of guys say that Gold Tip's products have moved out of country and the quality is slipping alot. In the CB world we are limited to a small selection of "CB" shafts. The GT Laser II's that I am shooting according to GT charts have a spine of .200 and a shaft weight of 7.3 grains per inch. It will not be cheap, but what would I have to look for to find a comparable regular arrow and then cut down to 20" My total weight with point is 430 grains and can not go any lighter then 380 for my CB. Is the .200" number how much my shaft deflects over 20" under a certain test or is this test the same on all shafts for a standard length? My number looks alot lower then all the other shafts on the chart, most are .300 to .500. Thanks guys.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Spine is needed?

Hey neighbor. Don't understand most of what your saying. I'm guessing your in some kind of competetion. One thing I do know is there doesn't seem to be a uniform code that arrow manufactures follow. Gt's are weak as far as I'm concerned. Bemans are on the stiffer side. When I shot gt's I had to jump up a grade in spin than what was recommended. The Beman's I shoot now I'd say, although I haven't tried it, could go down a step.

On a side note. Where do you shop for gear? Always looking for a new place. Doesn't seem you have any place in town.

I think I get it now. CB= cross bow? Sorry about that. I don't know about that stuff. There so short though I'd say you could use the 300-500 depending on the pounds of the bow.