Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute >

Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Hello. I'm a first time poster. I just bought a 2007 Bowtech tribute 70# bow and outfitted it with a QAD drop away rest and am shooting 340gr carbon arrows. I have an extreme fiberoptic sight and at first had a great deal of trouble getting it papertuned. Now I'm shooting true through paper(and my field points and broadheads are finally grouping in the same place), but my rest is all the way over to the far left extreme of the bow. The edge of the rest is flush with the edge of the bow riser and it is off center from the concave groove on the center of the riser. I had to add a spacer to get the rest over this far to the left. Now I can't figure out how to get my sight to line up with where my arrows are shooting as I have it over as far to the left as it will go and it still needs to go more to line up with where my arrows are shooting. I tried switching the sight to the left side of the bow but that takes it over too far.

Is this weird? Something doesn't seem right but all I can say is I am consistently shooting true through paper and my broadheads are no longer steering away from my fieldpoints(they group together now). The only thing I can figure is to try to find another sight with pins that extend farther to the left.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

My first thought is it is hard to understand what you are trying to say!, are you shooting to the right or left of point of aim. If you are shooting to the left, you have alot more than a fine tune problem. Knowing the Tribute you are shooting to the right and just adjusting your sight the wrong direction. If you are in fact paper tuned and shooting bullit holes your rest is properly set, if you are tearing holes you need to go back and correct the rest, if you are in fact shooting to the left I would take it back to the dealer you bought it from and get him to check it out!.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

The first thing I gather is you are shooting a too light arrow... 5 grains per pounds of draw weight min is 350 grains... You need some weight on your arrows or you might be one complaining that your Bowtech limbs are cracked..
Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM

To clarify what I posted above. I had to move my rest over as far to the left as it will go to get a clean tear through paper. This takes it over so that its edge is flush with the edge of the bow's riser, which makes it look sort of off center. My sight pins are over as far to the left as they will go but I am still shooting to the left of my point of aim. I cannot move my pins over any more to line them up with where my arrows are grouping soI am wondering do I need a different sight where the pins will slide farther to the left. Ihave been to the dealer several timeswithout resolving the problem. I plan to go back again but wanted to try and get someother opinions to help us problem solve the situation.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
NWA
Spike

Move your sight bracket on the inside of the riser. It may look weird but it will work. I had to do this on my Liberty. I now own a Tec Hunter Elite ( The Gander mountain Exclusive bow) My rest and my sight are all the over to the left, though I didn't need to mount it on the inside of the riser.

Nick
Old 09-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Ok so I made some progress today. I took the bow back to the dealer and they also found that it was shooting true through paper with the rest all the way to the left "off the riser". They said this is a problem with the bow and that somehow the cams are off center from the limbs. Even though I'm shooting true through paper that this was not ok and might cause a problem to the bow later on. So they are outfitting me with a new tribute and they had Bowtech send them some new limbs with cams to put on my old bow. They said they have never had this problem from a tribute before although they have seen it on a few Diamond Tomkats. So we'll see if tribute #2 does better.

By the way, NWA, I had already tried your idea of putting the sight inside the riser and this took the sight too far to the left of where it needed to be. Furthermore, from what my dealer told me today, and I trust him, there's something wrong with the bow if the rest needs to be off the riser to shoot true.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
NWA
Spike

I understand, but Jeff Baker from Bowtech will tell you that the center shot measurment will be right around one inch. Which puts the rest damn near all the way out to the left, ( RH shooter ). My upper limb did indeed crack on that Liberty I was speaking of. Which is why I have the other bow now. Good luck with your bow I know Bowtech will take care of ya.

Nick
Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: The Rev

The first thing I gather is you are shooting a too light arrow... 5 grains per pounds of draw weight min is 350 grains... You need some weight on your arrows or you might be one complaining that your Bowtech limbs are cracked..
It would be wise to shoot a little heavier arrowAlso what length and spine are your arrows?

Dan
Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 PM

I have an '06 tribute and am having the same trouble. I have center shot at about 15/16" after walk back tuning , but bh's won't group w/ fp's.
they are hitting to the right about 5". I am a Lefty.
it's become very frustrating and I'm ready to sell the bow.

I have spec'ed the bow. Cable stop timed the bow and the cams are in sync. Not much left to do ,I believe it's due to excessive cam lean. I've even checked the axles.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.