HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
srevans3

Default Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Hello. I'm a first time poster. I just bought a 2007 Bowtech tribute 70# bow and outfitted it with a QAD drop away rest and am shooting 340gr carbon arrows. I have an extreme fiberoptic sight and at first had a great deal of trouble getting it papertuned. Now I'm shooting true through paper(and my field points and broadheads are finally grouping in the same place), but my rest is all the way over to the far left extreme of the bow. The edge of the rest is flush with the edge of the bow riser and it is off center from the concave groove on the center of the riser. I had to add a spacer to get the rest over this far to the left. Now I can't figure out how to get my sight to line up with where my arrows are shooting as I have it over as far to the left as it will go and it still needs to go more to line up with where my arrows are shooting. I tried switching the sight to the left side of the bow but that takes it over too far.

Is this weird? Something doesn't seem right but all I can say is I am consistently shooting true through paper and my broadheads are no longer steering away from my fieldpoints(they group together now). The only thing I can figure is to try to find another sight with pins that extend farther to the left.

Any thoughts?