Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help w/ Draw Lenth.. >

Help w/ Draw Lenth..

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help w/ Draw Lenth..

Old 09-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Help w/ Draw Lenth..

what is the correct draw length for a specific person...I've been reading other posts where guys are saying that if your anchor point is at your ear or your jaw your draw length is too long.... I have a 30" draw length and I use a string loop (@1/2" from string) and a caliper release and that puts my achor point with my thumb tucked under my ear. Is this too long of a draw length?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Help w/ Draw Lenth..

Correction.. I actually put my base knuckle of my index finger under my ear lobe with my thumb tucked under my jaw.....
Old 09-03-2007, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

im not sure from your description but the most effective ancor ive seen is for the string to touch your nose and corner of your face/lips area at the same time, you can actuall shoot without a peep sight this way but i like haveing a really clear view so i use one. with the two points of contact it makes it easier not to be off of your ancor.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 AM

The rule of thumb for your DL is an eqaution that you can work out based on the measurement of your wingspan. What you want to do is stretch your arms out but not really reach for it just hold them up naturally at shoulder height. Then have someone measure from middle finger tip to middle finger tip. This is your wingspan. Now take this measurement and devide it by 2.5. This is a good estimate at your draw length. For instance my wingspan is 75'' / 2.5 = 30