Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 quieting wisker biscuit? >

quieting wisker biscuit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quieting wisker biscuit?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default quieting wisker biscuit?

anybody got any tricks to make these thing quieter when drawing?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: quieting wisker biscuit?

do they make noise then ??? I only have a slight noise when drawing back, I changed from Easton axxis to Beman hunters and I lube my arrows with a teflon coating, now the noise is almost gone....
You could try the Fuse WB, I have one as well.
just make sure your hole fits the arrow....
F.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

anybody got any tricks to make these thing quieter when drawing?
Is it a new whisker biscuit? Mine (Fuse WB) quieted down after about 100 arrows had gone thru it, guess the ends of the bristles got "broken-in". Check the type of arrow you're using, the finish on some arrows are noisey. Is there proper clearance between the arrow shaft and the hole in the WB? Should be about 1/32" at the top.Also, carbon arrows use the medium WB, alum. arrows use the large WB. Hope this helps. Good huntin'.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

its the paint on the arrows that makes them loud. Just while drawing slow. I have the cure! sand with 800 grit sand paper and then with 1500. Doesn't take the paint off. It just polishes them.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might try what worked for me before I switched to qad dropaway ultrarest. The whiskerbiscuit used to be my "go to" rest. All you have to do besides what others have suggested is CAREFULLY and evenly thin out the bristles. This will also reduce fletching wear.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:12 AM

I just got a new WB, first time WB'er.. the guy at the pro shop recomended going with a large WB for my carbon arrows and putting a strip of mole skin over the "black" wiscars..this will quiet the arrow quite a bit he said...I went w/ the med and hope it quiets itself after "break-in" period... Just thought I'd pass it along
Old 09-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

I have an old replacement WB ring and I'm going to cut away the whiskers where the fletching will pass.
I will post how it shoots.....

F.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must have gotten lucky because my WB doesn't make a sound drawing or releasing. mYWB doesn't seem to efect my Blazers at all either. I shoot mine the way it came out of the package. No modifying no trimming, nothing, and it is dead silent and my Blazers look like I just put them on.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SJAdventures

I must have gotten lucky because my WB doesn't make a sound drawing or releasing. mYWB doesn't seem to efect my Blazers at all either. I shoot mine the way it came out of the package. No modifying no trimming, nothing, and it is dead silent and my Blazers look like I just put them on.
It really depends on the arrow one is shooting through a WB....some carbons are very noisy when drawing, aluminum not so much but some. There was a lengthy discussion on this sometime back in the bowhunting forum. I've never used one but I was in a shop with a friend and he said listen to this, he picked out a particular carbon (forget which) and drew it through the WB, WOW was it noisy...he changed to a drop away rather than change arrows.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

all you have to do is sand the arrows

Quick Reply: quieting wisker biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.