Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow noise

Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default bow noise

My bow seems to be very noisy when i shooti have a few string scielences on my bow but it hasnt seemed to do much good does anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: bow noise

Look up MeanV Archery for there string silencer. If it is a noise in the string or vibration from the string that should do the trick. I built a string silencer like meanV and I took off my string leaches and my bow is super quiet.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bow noise

Look up your axle to axle length and brace height for that bow. Then get out your tape measure and check them. If the axle to axle length is more than 3/4" longer than it's supposed to be, or the brace height less than 1/2" shorter than spec, your string/cables need to be readjusted so the they will be under the proper amount of tension. If they're loose and floppy, the bow will make a lot more noise than it's supposed to.

THEN you can look at getting a string suppressor, if it's needed. Otherwise you've just slapped a bandaid on the problem and not fixed it.