Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Old 08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Of course all of them have there share of problems, but BowTech has more then others, other then that they make a great product
That's BS too! I have a dealer here who sells them all like your dealer and says Mathews has more overall problems than Hoyt or Bowtech. So who's right? I don't really care because I know none of them are bullet proof. It still boils down to internet hype. Anyone can claim anything and you don't really know what the truth is. I beleive there are guys going to say things about other manufacturers just because their own brand is threatened.
So True..

I know this is true from dealers that sell both! Of course I know a dealer in Arlington that would make up trash about Bowtech just because he's a flake and loves Mathews.. I am not going to mention any names, Ken Witt.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

In my oppinion, all bow manufacturers have had problems with there limbs. Hoyt went for at least 5 years with broke limbs, and PSE couldnt make a bow that was worthy of shooting, Mathews came out with a big idler wheel bow and said damm, I just made the best bow on the market, but hell, anyone can shoot a mathews right.Darton even had problems with there limbs but now I can get 70lb limbs and get 107 lbs out of them with no problems.

Mass production is the killer of all great products.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 AM
NWA
Spike

I have a bit of a update. After having the man at Gander Mtn. tell me he has had no luck with contacting Bowtech, we decided to do a refund. But there is a twist. He called me back about 3 hrs later and said that his boss had come in and said that Bowtech did indeed ship out the limbs on Tuesday. So, I'm happy to hear that they finally did make contact with Bowtech and things are looking better.

I really like the way this bow shoots. It has no shock or vibration at all. I can't wait to get back shooting.

I'll post back when I get the bow back and shooting.

Nick
Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NWA

I have a bit of a update. After having the man at Gander Mtn. tell me he has had no luck with contacting Bowtech, we decided to do a refund. But there is a twist. He called me back about 3 hrs later and said that his boss had come in and said that Bowtech did indeed ship out the limbs on Tuesday. So, I'm happy to hear that they finally did make contact with Bowtech and things are looking better.

I really like the way this bow shoots. It has no shock or vibration at all. I can't wait to get back shooting.

I'll post back when I get the bow back and shooting.

Nick

Sounds like someone was yanking your chain. I've never had a problem with a dealer not being able to contact Bowtech for any reason.Not just anyone in the store cancontactBowtech without thedealer number.So I am sure the manager hadto do it,when he got around to it. That is why I don't deal with package stores.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
NWA
Spike

Copy that Rev. I normally do not purchase items such as this from stores like that. But what can I say, I had a weak moment when I saw and handled this bow. Plus I just figured, if I have a problem i can handle it myself direct with the company. Well, that was WRONG. I must say that had i known that I had to go through Gander for service I would have NEVER made the purchase. But, all that said, and like I said before It really is a nice bow, I just wish I could handle the bumps in the road myself.

Nick
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Spike

Bowtech has had problems with cracked limbs, I replaced 3 on my 2004 Liberty. I am sure this happens with other bows as well. However to act like bowtech is some great company is a joke! Their limbs are most likely lower grade materials. I own 2 bowtechs, I think the problem is vertical limbs, as I have not witnessed limb issues on their other bows. They need to make a better limb.
Actually Bowtech was trying to blame the issue on not using the bow press properly. I am not sure with other bow companies, as I have been shooting bowtech since 2003. But I found their customer service to a big PITA.
The next bow I buy, probably next year,,, may not be a bowtech this time. I like their bows alot too...Ill have to research all the new bows next year.
BTW, for those who have never heard of Bowtechs limb issues, Do a google search or even search this forum. There mant folks who have had issues.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
NWA
Spike

I will definitely warn others before buying one of their bows. While I do indeed really like the bow, their Customer Service policy leaves a lot to be desired. I know that I will probably not buy any more products from them.
My brother was going to buy the same bow, but I told him to at least wait until I get this issue sorted out. Please don't get me wrong here, it is not the bow I'm very dissatisfied with, it's the lack of service and info they provide.

Nick
Old 08-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BTDavis

However to act like bowtech is some great company is a joke!
I left Mathews to go with bowtech, because Bowtech is a great company. All the way from upper management to most shop owners. To me it's afamily, and I like that. Before Mathews, I shot Hoyt, and Browning and Jennings... I'm not a rookie! Started archery in 1964!

I srongly dissagree with you, I can shoot anything I want, I choose to shoot the best, certainlythe company with the best warranty.

To me Bowtech is no a joke.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

All is good. For those who don't buy a Bowtech, it just means my next one will become mine that much sooner.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Host of Hosts

Sounds like someone was yanking your chain. I've never had a problem with a dealer not being able to contact Bowtech for any reason.Not just anyone in the store cancontactBowtech without thedealer number.So I am sure the manager hadto do it,when he got around to it. That is why I don't deal with package stores
I've called Bowtech on my own3 times and asked to speak to a technician. Each time it was no hassle at all. I called another time about product availability and I'm not a dealer. Although they won't sell to me direct they answered any question I ever asked them. So you people saying their customer service is a PITA or alot to be desired are full of it. I find it especially odd that a few fawns check in and have bad things to say about a company. Just like I said before you can say whatever you want on the internet......it doesn't make it true!

I could very easily do the same thing about Mathews or Hoyt. I guarantee people would hop aboard and bash right along with me and agree with things I made up out of the blue. Talk to a professional and stay away from chain stores employing 17 year old kids who just want a paycheck on friday.

Quick Reply: Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.