Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty >

Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Does anyone know the string and cable length?
It should be listed on a factory sticker on your lower limb.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a limb split on my Diamond Victory a few months ago. Bowtech took care of the problem and the bow shoots great now. I wanted to deal direct with Bowtech but they made me go through a dealer. It all worked out well and I have no complaints. It took about 2 weeks to get done and get the bow back in my hands. The dealer was the cause of the 2 week wait. Bowtech had new limbs shipped out in less than a week.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

BowTech's limbs are known to have the most problems within the bow community, this something they need to work on, cause overall they make a great product
That is pure BS... I don't know how many pro shops you deal with, but all companies have limb problems from time to time.. Including Mathews, Hoyt.

Bowtech will take care of it.. one reason I don't buy from package stores, most pro shops will give you a loaner until you're limbs come back.

Know what you're aretalking about before you say it. Seems to be a lot of that on this site.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

BowTech's limbs are known to have the most problems within the bow community, this something they need to work on, cause overall they make a great product
That is pure BS... I don't know how many pro shops you deal with, but all companies have limb problems from time to time.. Including Mathews, Hoyt.

Bowtech will take care of it.. one reason I don't buy from package stores, most pro shops will give you a loaner until you're limbs come back.

Know what you're aretalking about before you say it. Seems to be a lot of that on this site.
As a gunwriter recently said, "The internet is the worst breeding ground of misinformation available".

But all that said rev, bowtech seems have really struggled with this. I personally know 2 people with split limbs from 04-06. I know in 02-04, mathews had thier issues with limbs but haven't heard from them since, then hoyt had a few years or it. I hear hoyt now uses matched limb pairs, and worked thru the issue. I realize bowtech will take care of the issue IF, you are the original owner. What happens when you are not the original owner? Bowhunters notoriously like to sell and trade, and try out new things.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 AM
NWA
Spike

Thanks for the great feedback fellas. At this point I can only hope that gander mtn. will pull through. I have no doubt that Bowtech wants a happy customer. But we sure didn't get off on the right foot. I don't like relying upon someone to fix my bow. Which is why I wanted to deal direct. I feel that no one cares more about my bow than me. Nothing against Gander Mtn. but the lads they have there really don't give a hoot about anything except collecting their paycheck. I know that sounds mean and nasty. I really don't intend for it to sound that way, I am just simply stating a fact.

Nick
Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

All bow companies experience about a 1-2% failure rate on limbs. Pretty well all the top companies have lifetime "non transferable" warranties also. So Bowtech does not stand apart here. Common sense will tell you that the more bows you sell the more failures will be reported, its basic math. What people don't realize is that many times the folks that hang on these websites tend to be more serious about archery than most. That being the case they tend to buy higher end equipment that is operating closer to the limit and experience more limb failures. PSE Nova's don't blow many limbs but just wait for that new 340 fps IBO model to have a good sized sample in the field. Bowtech will fix your bow as would Hoyt or Martin or ...............
Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: TerryM

All bow companies experience about a 1-2% failure rate on limbs. Pretty well all the top companies have lifetime "non transferable" warranties also. So Bowtech does not stand apart here.
Before the last 7 years, it was never an issue to worry about when buying a bow. Noone expected to have to send a bow back to a factory for limb cracking. At least I didnt. So who cares if it was transferable. Now, they expect us to pay a 100% increase in price, with whatI think is less reliable products. Hoyt, Bowtech, all of em.

Like right now, I know where I can get a commander for 500 dollars used very little. I want to jump on it, but I sure won't go for it, with a radical design, and no warranty at all.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

My information comes from one of the biggest if not the biggest archery pro shop here in New Jersey, who is a dealer of Mathews, BowTech, Hoyt, PSE, Martin, Ross, Parker, Bear, and many others. His information comes 2 ways: What comes in for repairs or warranty work, and from informaton supplied from each company. Of course all of them have there share of problems, but BowTech has more then others, other then that they make a great product
Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have never heard of the liberty having limb issues. I hear of the allegences and tributes in 05-06. I have a liberty with maybe 4000 shots thru it without issue.

You didn't dry fire it did ya?
A co-worker of mine is on his third set of limbs for his 2006 Liberty.

Bowtech openly admitted that they had some limb constrction issues in 05-06. They are pretty good about sending new limbs.

With that said, the warranty department CLAIMS that all the limbs for 2007 have been fixed. However, they either don't know, or just won't tell us what the problem was, or how they resolved it. However, he did get a guarentee that when they sent him the new 07 limbs he would not have another problem.

If your 07 Liberty really has 07 limbs, then its the first Diamond I've heard issue of from the 07 line.... I know I've read about a few Tributes and Allys splitting 07 limbs... maybe the problem isn't really fixed.....
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Host of Hosts

Of course all of them have there share of problems, but BowTech has more then others, other then that they make a great product
That's BS too! I have a dealer here who sells them all like your dealer and says Mathews has more overall problems than Hoyt or Bowtech. So who's right? I don't really care because I know none of them are bullet proof. It still boils down to internet hype. Anyone can claim anything and you don't really know what the truth is. I beleive there are guys going to say things about other manufacturers just because their own brand is threatened.

Quick Reply: Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.