Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help.... Peep is blurry >

Help.... Peep is blurry

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help.... Peep is blurry

Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Help.... Peep is blurry

Sorry for the double post if you read this in the bowhunting section. I figured I would get a better response in the right section. Every time I draw back I cannot see through my peep because it is so blurry. I have a 3/16" meta G5. I know it is in line with my eye because I have custom strings that are dead on when I draw back. I wear contacts but I always blink before I shoot. Do you think it is my eyes, the lighting, to small of peep or what? Any suggestions would be great.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM

Default RE: Help.... Peep is blurry

Im not sure on this but i don't think you should be looking at your peep. I was always told to focus on the target and line the pin up on it as a secondary. I haven't experienced a blurry peep so I don't know.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
bigcountry

Hmm, a astigmatism could cause that. If you can see fine, and then thru a peep, not fine. One way you can tell, is to take your fingers and put it up to your eye, and make a slit. Some peoples vision improves.

I know I am reaching. But could be.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 PM

I do have an astigmatism. So you are thinking that this could be the problem. What could I do to fix this problem?

Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

the peep should be blurry....

you should be focusing on either the pin or the target...thus your peep would be blurry.....
Old 08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Probably the cheapest way is to go to a 1/4" peep and see if the larger diameter won't clear it up for you. Otherwise you have to get special contacts or glasses made for correcting astigmatism.

Like I told you when you asked on the bowhunting forum though, I seriously doubt your peep is actually set right. You shouldn't actually see the peep at all, but be able to see THROUGH it clearly.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: archv3

I do have an astigmatism. So you are thinking that this could be the problem. What could I do to fix this problem?
Bigger peep? Maybe. When you make a slit with your fingers or two pieces of paper, and put it in front of your eye, and make it smaller, does your vision get worse or better. Now rotate that slit 90 degrees and see. You can tell how your cornia is football shaped.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:43 PM

Ok the more insight I get the more i think I need to switch to my glasses. They correst my astigmatism. My contacts do not because my doc doesn't like them. So i am goign to shoot with my glasses and see how that works.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Good Luck!!