Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BLURRY PIN ?

Old 07-02-2009, 05:26 AM

Default BLURRY PIN ?

I have perfect eye sight but am having trouble seeing a defined pin. For some reason it is always blurred. What can I do to fix this. Anyone else experience this problem?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Spike

Default RE: BLURRY PIN ?

I foung the same issues when I was looking at red colored fiber optic pins. I switched to all green and problem solved. This may work for you. Goodluck, Mark
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Actually, when you aim you should be focusing on your target, not your pin. So the pin should be blurry. As long as you can see it well enough to know what color it is you should be fine.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 AM

The blur is a distraction and it is keeping me from aiming at a specific point. I can only hit about a 2"-4" area at 20-25 yards now. I was shooting 1 inch groups all day long before the pin went blurry on me.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you are not looking thru your string?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:58 AM

I am sighting through my peep. I can move my head and line of sight back and the blur goes away but this puts me in an unnatural shooting position and requires me to change my anchor points.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I don't have perfect eye sight anymore and my pin is blurry all the time whether I concentrate on the pin or the target. I do concentrate on the target though. I use a very bright fiber (HHA sight) and was having troubles during any daylight hours, the pin giving a starlight effect. What I did was take electrical tape and wrap it around the guard which toned down the pin by leaps and bounds, So now the thing is still blurry (I'm 62), but the starlight is gone and I'm able to aim a whole lot more effectively.

This might not be your problem, but for the price it's certainly worth a try.

You might play around with different size peeps, too. You'd be surprised what a slightly smaller or larger peep will do.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM

I am going to get a g5 1/4 inch meta peep this weekend to try it out. I will let you guys know how it turns out
Old 07-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Specialty Archery products makes peep sights that uses "verifiers" that addresses your exact problem of blurry pins and/or target.

http://www.specialtyarch.com/default.asp

Read their FAQ page to make sure that they are what you need.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Spike

Depending on your age you may be suffering from a condition know as Presbyopia which is natural aging of the eye that cause your short distance vision to become skewed so you end up pushing fine print and other objects further away from your face to make them appear clearer but your distance vision remains the same. Look it up on WebMD or some other search engine. I am a physician and if you are 40+ could be this. If not in this age bracket and all other equipment malfunction have been ruled out, make an appointment with an Opthamatologist soon so you aren't dealing with this in the fall.

Quick Reply: BLURRY PIN ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.