Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WB to the Rescue >

WB to the Rescue

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WB to the Rescue

Old 08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WB to the Rescue

It's not a new trick, just a different arrow rest. And a lot of my anti-WB rhetoric was just to poke at the WB zealots. So much fun to get 'em riled up. Just like the Mathews clan used to be. But a Mathews zealot with a terminal case of WB, man that was prime feeding for us sharks. [8D]
Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

After twelve years of production the original whisker biscuit now comes with the improved B-2 biscuit and the windage bar and mounting bracket are finished in camo. And it costs three bucks more than when the rest first came out on the market.
That just goes to show how overpriced it was to start with. That's the first thing that crossed my mind when they first came out and I went to look at them in the store. "They want 35 bucks for THAT!" Mounting bracket straight off the old $10 GKF rests, flimsy looking mounting arbor with a round brush sticking straight up. That was when a good quality micro adjust prong rest only cost about $50.

Frankly, I never recovered from that original sticker shock. The ones they've got today are much, much better, granted, but.... If I were to get one, it'd have to be the deluxe model and I'm still too cheap to part with that much money for one.[&:]
When they first hit the stores they were under $30 suggested retail. If you saw them for more it was the merchant marking it up from the suggested price.

Walmart sells the original B-2 in camo for $33 now. If you wait till Christmas you can get them there for about $14 as an overstock item when they discount all the archery stuff so they don't have to store it.

Supply and demand will always dictate the price of things.

The biscuit is still unique in appearance and in how it performs. I think its here to stay.

It sells itself enough that Cabelas gives it its own page in their Archery catalog. In the local Archery shop it still sells 10 to 1 over all the other rests.

I will agree with you on one point though, you may be too cheap to buy one!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 08-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Yep. I'd even have someone take pics of me using it, post 'em up and give you full credit.
Good. We have some leftover 06' bows from lines we do not carry anymore that I will be selling soon, and most have accessories on them for display. I know I will be selling these bows and usually put these biscuits on ebay for cheap but next one I get is headed your way. You gotta promise to post pics though. Will send a PM when I have my hands on one.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

(huh oh... He was serious! [&:]) Okay. I'll do it. You have my solemn vow.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:32 PM

next thing you know someone will tell him there are bows under 46" ata now.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

next thing you know someone will tell him there are bows under 46" ata now.
Beats me why anyone would want one. I mean, a 46 incher gives you a lot more bow for the same money. They're makin' half bows and still charging FULL PRICE![:-] And you all think they're great and don't seem to ever consider you're actually getting ripped off.

That oughta stir 'em up. hehehehe