Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another Broadhead Vs. Field Point Question >

Another Broadhead Vs. Field Point Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Broadhead Vs. Field Point Question

Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Another Broadhead Vs. Field Point Question

Got out and FINALLY got to shoot my bow yesterday. Had a really good day and i was shooting awesome groups. < 2" at 20 yards, around 2" at 30 yards, and around 3" at 40 yards. Got the sights dialed in and everything seemed perfect. Switched over from field points to my muzzys AND expandables, and again shot REALLY good groups, all four arrows were touching in around a 1 to 2" group, EXCEPT the group was 2 to 3" to the left.

How do you correct broadheads not hitting the same spot as field points? BH's are hitting 3" to the left.

Is there a quick fix, or do i start from scratchagain.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Broadhead Vs. Field Point Question

I would adjust my rest so that the broadheads move to the right about half the distance. Then I would shoot the field tips and see if everything was hitting together. Then I would adjust my sights to the arrow impact.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would first ask what type of Whisker Biscuit you have. Adjusting the rest will be easiest with the Deluxe. In any case, I would mark the rest in some way to show me where it is right now if I ended up making things worse. Logically, the rest should adjust to the right to get the impacts together. With the Biscuit though, you may end up moving it the wrong way. I have found that you can get a tail right (point left) arrow when the rest is too far to the right, and the fletching on the left side encounters more resistance going through. You would want to adjust the rest in small amounts, about 1/32 " or so at a time. Then shoot a few groups before deciding if you need to move it some more. I had a similar problem last week when tuning broadheads, though my broadheads were flying about 2" high at 20 yards. I moved the rest down 1/2 mark on my QAD rest, and it all came together. The move was less than 1/32 ", but that was all it took. Your fp arrows and bh arrows are both currently grouping well, so don't move anything too much, 'cause you are pretty close right now.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM

thanks i guess thats what i was looking for....kinda, lol. ill mark it, and barely move it slightly to the right, to see if that'll fix it. it is the droptine wb, step up from original, step down from deluxe. i like the WB, just hope i can fix this problem without starting over the whole process.