Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walmart Arrows

Old 07-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Default RE: Walmart Arrows

OK - only reason I asked is that I noticed your bow is 50 lb. If you are cutting them down, the arrow is going to get "stiffer" and may not work as well in a 50 lb. bow.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM

yeah the 6075 means the weight that the arrow can be used with 60 lbs to 75lbs right?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

yeah the 6075 means the weight that the arrow can be used with 60 lbs to 75lbs right?
Not always!

I hunt with a 70lb bow. If I were to use my GT 5575's I have laying around I would be extremely underspined. I had to upgrade to GT 7595 to gain proper spine and a better shooting arrow.

I try to tell everyone that manufacturers recommendations are just that....recommendations. You really need to look into your specifics of your own setup to find proper spined arrows. (try the On Target 2 software)

You will never, ever see me buying arrows from Walmart. Ever since I saw a gentleman weedthrough all the arrows and make himself his own "perfect" dozen in a box, thus leaving all the crappy arrows behind for other archers to purchase, I refuse to give Walmart the time of day. (especially since the manager was standing right next to him!)
Old 10-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Spike

i recently got some carbon wolverines 6075's from walmart. they shoot great, i dont see the point in spending $70+ in arrows. ecspecialy for people on much more of a budget. they allow you to buy 1,2,3 or 50 arrows, not just 12 like you get from most anywhere else.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, i just dont see how much of a difference a walmart carbon arrow could be from a 25 dollar carbon arrow with a brand name. maybe its just me but i cant bring myself to outfit an arrow that costs a total of 35 bucks+ with a broadhead. Ill keep shooting my 6075s from walmart till they let me down.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Spike

how long does walmart normally stock bow supplies? arrows specifically
Old 10-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are certainly not cheaper for me, I can get arrows from a sponsor dirt cheap. I did buy a few different arrows from there this year only to see which would fly better with my recurve. If you notice the price they are more expensive to buy only one.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by brandonxc
how long does walmart normally stock bow supplies? arrows specifically
They start stocking just before bow season, and when they sell out the don't re-stock.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Rev
They are certainly not cheaper for me, I can get arrows from a sponsor dirt cheap. I did buy a few different arrows from there this year only to see which would fly better with my recurve. If you notice the price they are more expensive to buy only one.
lol i wish i was sponsored. but if you break down lets say $60 for 12 arrows thats $5 an arrow, and you have to drop $60 at that time. where with the walmart arrows you can buy 1-all they have, just get what you need, or slowly build up, its easier for me to get 3 each week than get 12 all at once. For me its a big budget thing, if i had more money then sure i would shoot nicer arrows, but these do good for me and fit better in to what i can afford to spend. I know i cant be the only one out there on a budget.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
bigcountry

You can get a dozen much cheaper usually than buying singles.

I buy good shafts for 55-70 dollars. And put them together myself. If I was to buy separately, it would be a fortune.

I will never understand how people can put 1000 dollars in a bow and then want to shoot cheap ole arrows and wonder why its hard to tune.

Quick Reply: Walmart Arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.