Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton FMJ Opinions >

Easton FMJ Opinions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton FMJ Opinions

Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easton FMJ Opinions

I just decided to give these a try and ordered a dozen. I would love to hear from those of you using them. I want hear it all, good and bad. Do you use them for hunting, target, or both? Come on guys and gals, let's hear it.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Easton FMJ Opinions

I'm thinking of switching to them also. This is my first year with carbon arrows and I'm not all that impressed. Using CE Rebels and I lost 4 already.I'm scared to pull the things out of the targetthey seem so flimsy. I am waiting ot hear a crack everytime I do. My old aluminumswouldslide right out, don't know if its because they were smoother or these are going in deeper but the oldaluminums seemed so smooth and solid. The FMJ I've seen seem to have the best qualities of my old aluminums and they come in the same approximate weight as my carbons. Please post any experiences you have with them.I am already thinking of picking up and trying a few old 2315/XX78 to see how they fly with the new bow after I calculate their total weight compared to the new ones.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM

Well what can i say. They are heavy and pricey but also straight and strong. Mine made a nice hole in a moose last year. Bent one shooting a concrete block. Umm what else, seem to pull out of my foam broad head target easier then carbons. Not sure if I'm a fan of the HIT insert yet. I just like a collar on there.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never use them, but my friend did and he would shoot pidgeons in his barn with them alot and they would break apart and shatter and what not when they hit the roof. There made of carbon and aluminum so its wierd when they break. He did kill a deer with them though so if you use them properly they shoot be great!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:53 PM

The local pro archery shop owner is real big on them - recommends them over all others for large game. In addition to the construction advantages, he also likes the extra weight for pass throughs.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. All of you seem to be on track with what others have said about them, a little heavy, but great penetration. Anyone else want to chime in?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:03 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I've had mine for just under a year now and no complaints. Straight, strong, heavy and pricey all apply as others have said. I switched to them because of the weight, I like heavy arrows, big advantage IMO. They are worth the price. They pull out of the targets easily and perform well on game.

I shot a couple deer with them last year. Both pass throughs and the arrows are still straight and fine to use. If you hit somehting you shouldn't they will break just like any other arrow though. Trees, stumps rocks, etc will break them.

I have no complaints, well worth the money if you like a heavier arrow.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Just ordered a dozen from LEN and can't wait to shoot em
Old 07-10-2007, 04:00 AM

Having a short draw(26'') I really like the energy they carry into the target. I'm shooting 70# and chrono at 280+fps. Helps to have a tuned bow also. Very stout arrow that cleans up pretty easy. I say give them a try.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yes they are very straight and are easy to pull out of a target BUT, I have 2 dz and have shot them for about 5 months. Probably 2000 shots on them. I have shot groundhogs, racoons, fox, and possum and everyone has a severe bend in it.

I have three arrows just for the Dart system and they are even crooked as a dogs hind leg!!!

They are good arrows but in my own oppinion there are plenty other manufacturers that make a far superior product.