Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 No room for 40yd pin >

No room for 40yd pin

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No room for 40yd pin

Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: No room for 40yd pin

Forget about the peep and sight for now. Everyone is talking about different stuff and we don't even know if your bow is set correctly to begin with.

First you need to check the level of your arrow when it is attached to the string and sitting on the rest. The nock of your arrow should be just slightly above level about 1/8th of an inchand the arrow should be crossing directly in front of the rest mounting hole. If it is pointing way below level then you need to either raise your rest or lower your nocking point. This will cause the problems you are having.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 AM

Good point. I got my son's Fred Bear Element from the archery shop "all set up" with the arrow resting about 1/4" below the Berger hole. Similar problem with the sight adjustment.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Finally I made some progress! I went back to the shop that closed and 5pm and dropped off the bow. It was mypeep sightwhich is now set so its ajustable so I can re-sight in my pins. Then he'll lock her down. He also the string they used was crap and the bow needed lots of work. He showed me how the timing was off and stuff. I'm going to sight it in and bring it back hopefully today or by the weekend.

The shop was very busy! I already like this shop 10x better! Live and learn I guess.

How easy is it to time a dual cam bow. Do you need a press? I'm going to have this shop do eveything but would like to learn how to do the work myself.

I'll keep ya'll updated on how things work out. Hoofers
Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear that the new place is better.

You will need a press to adjust the string/cable to correct timing. A Bowmaster portable press works well.