Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS Angle????

Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM

Default STS Angle????

I just got my STS today and was so happy I put all other things aside to install it. I put it on and did the serving but then noticed that it is at a upward angle to the string. Any pictures I saw of the STS before I bought it were that it was perpendicular to the the string. I have a hoyt bow which is 32 ATA. I don't want to shipp the product back because it was ordered from the USA and I live in Canada. What am I to do. Here are some pictures(sorry for qaulity):

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS Angle????

Can you push the rod through the bracket more to get the angle right? Not familiar with that new style but I have the older one and you would just push the rod in more then cut off whatever was sticking out the other end ( front of bracket ) if you wanted.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just went to the STS website and looked at the picture. Can't tell if the rod sticks right through the bracket though. If it does not you will have to gradually trim some off the end that goes into the bracket to get yourself level. Even with the initial tinkering you will love that thing.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:22 PM

Even ifI do trim some off to get it level it will be too short and will not rest on the string. The bracket sits in the triangular cut out for the 2 peice quiver attachement so it cannot be turned to be level.[&:]
Old 07-05-2007, 05:55 PM

friggen bend it!!!... really though, im sure if you just bent it so it was perpendicular, it would be fine, even though you shouldnt have to if it is made to work
Old 07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Host of Hosts

I think their older model was better, by looking at the picture. That new design doesn't look like they thought it through very well. Sorry, but I'd return that contraption and get an older version off ebay.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:43 PM

You mean you would get the one that has that block that mountsbehindthe stabalizer then the STS rod runs through it. I really didn't like that one and just figured I would do with out untill I saw this model. I don't want to bend it because i don't know if it is solid metal rod or something that could break if bent.[&:][&:]
Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

You mean you would get the one that has that block that mountsbehindthe stabalizer then the STS rod runs through it. I really didn't like that one and just figured I would do with out untill I saw this model. I don't want to bend it because i don't know if it is solid metal rod or something that could break if bent.[&:][&:]
The Rod is Aluminum. You might try giving STS a call even send them a pic through email. They are good people I am sure they will come up with a solution for you.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 PM

Ok sounds good I think I'll try that, thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Host of Hosts

You mean you would get the one that has that block that mountsbehindthe stabalizer then the STS rod runs through it.
Yes! That is what I meant. The pics you posted made it look like it didn't even square up at the string where it contacts, Maybe its just the picture I don't know,but the way it looks doesn't seem right at all.

I cured any problems with STS issues by buying MeanV suppressors. Of course they aren't Hoyt bows either. My Vectrix wears one from the factory. My Bowtech's wear MeanV's.

Quick Reply: STS Angle????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.