Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop >

How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Old 04-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

I got a new set of cables and strings about 2 months ago from gibblet and have been dying to get it going. Finally got them on and with this thread decided it was time to try some stuff on my own. Never done it before, but I had my nockset and Dloop tied in, in 15 min. Thanks for the tutorial for dummies, very well explained.

PS Thanks Catherine(aka redhedcharm) for the super fast turn around on nock tthread. Excellent service.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

i used .020 serving thread instead of the nock tying thread

The nockpoints are smaller, and the release isn't exactly behind the nock (pretty close though).

Will this be a problem? I don't think I'm getting nock pinch or anything.

the bow seems to shoot good. I don't think i have the centershot and stuff perfect yet, but I havn't paper or walk back tuned yet. The bow seems good, but I am a little rusty.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Fork Horn

Roskoe and John, You both are more than welcome. It was completely my pleasure doing business with you Gentlemen. And I am very glad that you like the BCYmaterial. Thank you very much for the kind words and orders.

Between Greg's beautifully detailed tutorial and some good material I think everyone is good to go!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Post. Just ordered my things from Catherine and received them in the mail today and got home and put a new D loop on my bow.

Great tutorial. Thanks Greg!!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 AM

Another satisfied reader. Had two shops tie one on for me, one was 10 ft long the other rotated freely around the string, so I opted for your thread and to do it myself...It worked like a charm. Rock solid Dloop and as short as possible. Couldnt squeeze a hair between my release head and nock, lol. I like it short, and I can still hook up instantly without looking. Your short loops work PERFECT for open hook releases.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

Wow... Greg thanks man, I've learned alot reading your posts. I just ordered my D-Loop string, ready to try it out...
Old 08-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Spike

greg,

great write up!!!

i noticed that you have a bowtech and have a muzzy zero effect on there. quick question on that. did you set your nock point square (90 degrees) or is your nock point high?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

THANK YOU very much Noah and Chris for your orders (I appreciate it) and the impeccable, spot on transactions!

Sure was a pleasure doing business with you Gentlemen!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Greg!!
May all you contribute to archery and archer's come back to you tenfold this birthday year!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Greg - My first year posting on the boards this year. Want to say a quick thanks for the tutorial and level of detail. Just yesterday I took my bow to get a loop. (Never shot with one before) If I read this a day sooner.. I would have saved some cash. I hate farming out tasks with hunting or fishing gear.

Thanks again!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Great post .This is the first time I have ever seen it explained so well.Thanks

Quick Reply: How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.