Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop >

How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Old 03-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

I use the same loop of dental floss to make both the top and bottom nocksets... it's just used as a "placeholder" in essence, though it does serve the function of pulling that tag end back through and under the wraps.

But I use two entirely different pieces of nock point tying thread for each nockset. They are two individual and different nocksets, just tied the exact same way save the number of wraps to complete each one... with those of course being four wraps to make the top one and eight wraps to make the bottom one.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will try it as soon as my tying material comes...Thanks Greg!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, I did it....even though my non-analytical brain had a hard time wrapping around your instructions. Finally, when it clicked it was perfect. Now, I probably need to redo my peep sight because it is rotating all over the place. Thanks again for you patience and great instructions!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

I found one of those TRU speed nocks (plastic screw on nock point thing with the little tab that aligns the peep)

are these worth using?

I was thinking about using one, tying the bottom nockset, and then tying a loop around this. Would this benefit me in any way?
Old 03-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go, Geronimo!!

badger, no harm in trying it to experiment... it's the only way you'll know if YOU like it or not. Trust me, the guys like me who've been at this for a couple decades or longer have tried most everything; it's the reason we know what we like and what we don't.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

badger, I just took off the Tru-Nok because it was too loud and eventually would become problematic because of the metal to metal contact. Also, Greg's way of tying your nock set is the best way to nock your arrow using a D-loop.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

How does the tie in noc system work without the D-Loop? Is the set up the same, but without the loop?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes... if you didn't want to tie the loop on, the nocksets could be tied on exactly the same way. In fact, if I were to shoot "off the string", I'd probably only tie on one nockset andhook my releaseon directly underneath the arrow's nock... I'd give it a whirl anyway, since one of the reasons I first went to a loop was because I was wearing through "eliminator buttons" or cushion buttons so quickly and I was seeing POI (point of impact) changes.

Tieing in a single nockset and ridding yourself of the brass nock would save you a few grains as far as weight on the string.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

While all you Gentlemen are tying in your nocks and D-Loop I have just figured out how to link Greg's amazing tutorial in my signature. I don't think any archer shouldmiss this tutorial. It's IS a must see!

Thank you Greg for the link instructions! I am most appreciative!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM

I finally got around to tying new D-loops on all my bows with the materials you sent me last month. Great stuff! Has the least stretch of any loop material I use so far. Thanks Redhdcharm

Quick Reply: How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.