Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep Sight Problems >

Peep Sight Problems

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep Sight Problems

Old 06-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peep Sight Problems

Another question if anyone cares:

My bow (Reflex [hoyt] Excursion - really cheap but it kills deer) has a fairly large brace height (I think, ~9") and the cables and cable slides move a lot. I have a drop away rest that doesn't need a lot of movement to set it. So what I have is a lot of slack in the drop away rest cord when the bow isn't drawn. I think it sometimes hits the arrow. Is there anything I can do about it?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default TUNING PEEP

Ok peeps, (PUNNY AIN'T IT[:'(]?)
I've bought a fletcher peep.

Now, I'm installing it.
To get it to turn right, do I:
[ul][*]twist/untwist the string
[/ul]or[ul][*]split the strands (My string is split into two strands, like a zebra type string) like so one half and a smaller strand from the other half is on the same side?[/ul]
Thankee
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default P-P-P-PLEASE (It's not as noobish)

Please? I hate to bump, but nobody is looking at this thread anymore as it reaks with noobishness.
I hate to up the thread, but it's better than making another thread. I've even searched google and the site and everything.

I just wanna know the best way to get a fletcher peep to line up. Twist the whole string or split the smaller strands (on a zebra type 2 sections of strands) string?

Will twisting the string throw the bow out of tune, or just maybe change the nock point and draw length a few mm?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: P-P-P-PLEASE (It's not as noobish)

If it is off by a lot ,90 degrees or more , I would twist it. But if it is off just a little then I would change strands around on the peep for the small adjustments
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default let it die

OK thanks.

Now I'll let it die.

I just wasn't sure if it was ok to separate the strands from their half of the string.

if i'm not clear- you know how the bowstring is like two separate strands of even smaller strands wrapped up, I didn't know if you had to put one of the strands on one side or if you could move a mini-strand to the opposite side to get it to twist correctly.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: let it die

It's just a matter of luck whether or not your peep turns properly when it's sandwiched between the two main color bundles. It doesn't always work out that way. We're often required to split several strands of the odd color into the other color bundles. You must make the peep rotate right and you do whatever it takes.

A few guidelines... If you need to turn the peep a lot (1/2 turn or more), twist the top end of the string (it's closest to the peep and will have the most effect). If you need a 1/4 turn, twist the bottom end. Then when you get close you make fine adjustments by moving individual strands. Just move the same number of strands on both sides of the peep to keep the peep centered in the string.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well I think I'll get a new string. Mine has a few small rips and is frayed in some places. Puls it's a cheap factory string which sucks. After I twist the string it takes at least 20 shots to settle.

Do I get new cables as well? I'd need the buss, yolk, and control cables (Hoyt cam&1/2) and the factory specs. I guess I'll have give 'em a call because reflex and hoyt don't have old tuning charts or email addys.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 PM

FYI - I have sure been pleased with the Winner's Choice string I put on my Hoyt.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

I am a Reflex dealer if you have trouble getting your string let me know.