Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone wear contact lenses?? >

Anyone wear contact lenses??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone wear contact lenses??

Old 06-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone wear contact lenses??

My friend has some contacts that you put in when you go to bed and it restores your eyes so in the morning you take them out and you can see 20/20. The downside to them might be that they are hard contacts and could get irratating when you sleep, but might be worth a try.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wear them and never really had a problem except when is below zero then they dry out faster![8D]
Old 06-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Learn how to blink would be my suggestion. I started wearing contacts when I was about 15, 7 years ago. I remember the first day I got them they would fall out everytime I watched TV; needless to say they were also blurry. I wasn't blinking enough for some reason. Now, I don't even know they are in there.

Do you shoot with both eyes open? I would suggest trying to focus more on the target rather than the pin. I started shooting this way and improved my accuracy a great bit. Of course, the pin is going to be even blurrier this way but you should at least try it.

Acuvue advance with hydraclear are some really good contacts. Get a trial pair and try them.
I shoot with both eyes open, and I focus on the target. Istill group well at 30 yards (6 arrows in a softball size grouping). I noticed it the other evening when I was shooting at dusk. During full sunlight it's not quite as bad. Thanks for the Acuvue suggestion.
I wore contacts some 20 years ago and guess my eyes are just drier now than when I was younger.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinoisbow

My friend has some contacts that you put in when you go to bed and it restores your eyes so in the morning you take them out and you can see 20/20. The downside to them might be that they are hard contacts and could get irratating when you sleep, but might be worth a try.
I am really curious on what kind of contacts these are and how they actually work, i have never heard of anything like this!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been wearing them for a while and love them.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with those who think you need to go back.

I think your script needs tweaking.
It took my 1st eye doctor 3 trips to get it right.
2nd doctor 2 trips.....
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM

I would say as already said that it is very possible that you have dry eyes and that is causing the halo. I have wore contacts for 20 years and I will sometimes get a "halo" or just some blurriness almost every day at some point from dryness. Don't be affraid to buy and use some rewetting drops, as you can get a real small bottle to keep in your pocket.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I don't wear contacts but in bright sunlight,most all pins get some sort of halo.The best color I have found for hunting and doesn't have the halo nearly as bad is the green.
Ditto, green is the best. I wear contacts and have no trouble at all. In fact, I shoot better with contacts than glasses, but I don't have the bifocal variety. I do, however, need toric lenses due to my astigmatism, and I am just guessing here but perhaps your contacts don't correct astigmatism as well as your glasses and that's the cause......Just a guess.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I don't wear contacts but in bright sunlight,most all pins get some sort of halo.The best color I have found for hunting and doesn't have the halo nearly as bad is the green.
Ditto, green is the best. I wear contacts and have no trouble at all. In fact, I shoot better with contacts than glasses, but I don't have the bifocal variety. I do, however, need toric lenses due to my astigmatism, and I am just guessing here but perhaps your contacts don't correct astigmatism as well as your glasses and that's the cause......Just a guess.
I think you may have made a solid guess.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:42 PM

I am near sighted, meaning I can see things close up just fine but when I wear contacts to enable me to see far away, it blurs my close up vision causing me to have to wear magnifing glasses to read. This makes it very difficult ot see my sight pins when shooting.
If your near sighted, there is an answer! I spoke with the ole eye dr. about this problem and he advised me to wear one contact instead of two. It takes awhile for your brain (especially mine) to make the adjustment, about a month, but now I see my sight pins with the eye with no contact and the target ( elk hopefully) with my eye that has the contact in.
This idea will work if your near sighted like me and also save you lots of money on contacts as I only wear one for far away sight and use my other eye for reading. (and seeing my pins)cx

Quick Reply: Anyone wear contact lenses??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.