Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Axis bent after use.... >

Axis bent after use....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Axis bent after use....

Old 06-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Axis bent after use....

I have about 30 Axis arrows and I picked them all up as used from guys at AT. They all but 3 spin really well, and the 3 that don't are not a problem shooting out to 40 yards to with-in 3 inches. I did switch to blazer vanes which helped a ton, and then I tried an extreme staggered 3-blazer vane set-up that has worked out great. I don't really want to spend the $$ on something else, but the way these work i don't plan on switching. I paid about $5 each including shipping from 3 different guys. One set came with feathers, one set with quickspins, and one set with wraps and blazers. The quickspins were the heaviest and I gained 10fps when I switched those to the offset blazers. If nothing else, the offset blazers just look cool

Dandbuck
Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Axis bent after use....

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

great !!!, I just started shooting my easton axis arrows and I have a really hard time getting the arrows out of my foam target ( even with a arrowpuller and a srop of vaseline on the tips )

I switched from aluminium to the axis because of erratic arrowflight out of my whiskerbiscuit.
how much of a difference would a slightly bent arrow make on a target ?
I can't check them, only with the naked eye....( I'm ashamed to say we're not yet evolved to that kind of level when it comes to bowhunting in Belgium )

Frank
Frank,

Don't twist the arrows as you pull them from foam targets Correct way is to pull them stright out----ball busters sometimes.

To check strightness you can roll them on any flat surface and see if there is any wobble. It's even better is that surface is shorter than the arrow so the ends protrude. Then you can see the wobble at the ends. This isn't the best way, but it's quick, easy, and free.

Depending on which tips you are using (broadheads or field tips) a little wobble might not hurt. Broadheads will be the worst. If ya have some that have a bit of wobble I'd still shoot them and see how they group with those that are relatively wobble free.