Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

G5 Montec

Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Default RE: G5 Montec

The blades of a three blade head are 120 degrees apart, (360 degrees divided by three). The sharpened bevels are 60 degrees on each side of the blade.

Just to clarify.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 PM

Hello - these are the most accurate fixed blade broad heads I have ever used. However I will not shoot them again based off of my experience in 2006 with blood trails. Many people have different views on blood trails but mine are poor. My experience is when you have a heart shot or a perfect double lung shot the deer drop quickly so it doesn't matter. However I had 2 deer leave my sight and the blood trails just stopped on average arrow placement. I did kill 2 deer with them last year. I would try the G5 striker.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

I used the g5's for the first time last year and I was impressed. I had shot muzzy's for 15 years too. They fly great, and the two deer I killed this past season had bloodtrails you could run and follow, even though the farthest one only went 45 yards. I use the g5 sharpeneing stone to keep them touched up and sharp. Even though a sharp, strong broadhead is key when hunting, shot placement is just as important for those great bloodtrails. Try the g5's, I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:16 PM

If you have your heart set on a 3 blade broadhead, I can't think of any that are better than the SteelForce "Venom" heads.

Aside from being completely made in the USA andextremely wellbuilt, All Steelforce Broadheads are individually hand stropped before going into the package. -Sharps
Old 06-13-2007, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: BigBuck28

hi guys i used to shoot mechicals but was thinking of going to G5 Montecs. Do they shoot like field points? I want the field point accerecy but want a broahead i can shoot threw mesh on ground blinds...

In my experience, any broadhead will fly like field points if they are straight, your arrows are straight,and you take the time to make sure your bow is tuned properly.

I personally like 100 gr. Magnus Stingers. My setup zips 'em along at about 285 fps and the fly great. I have shot them out to as far as 70 yds. and have had no problems.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:29 AM

By chance does any 1 know how well they shoot out of a whisker biscuit rest. Because i have tried muzzys with bemans and that didn't turn out so well. But i changed arrows to Gold tip expedition hunter 5575 arrow (which i love the results of how these arrows group) buti have a feeling that if i put on the muzzy's i'll have the same results as the bemans. so if any 1 knows how the g5 will react out of whisker biscuit rest it will be much appreciated.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: man who hunts w/ bow

By chance does any 1 know how well they shoot out of a whisker biscuit rest. Because i have tried muzzys with bemans and that didn't turn out so well. But i changed arrows to Gold tip expedition hunter 5575 arrow (which i love the results of how these arrows group) buti have a feeling that if i put on the muzzy's i'll have the same results as the bemans. so if any 1 knows how the g5 will react out of whisker biscuit rest it will be much appreciated.
As someone said above, it's not a matter of what head or what rest is used, it's a matter of how well they are tuned. Given that the bow, shooter and arrow are in proper tune and the head and shaft are straight and in alignment; any rest will shoot any head well.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Spike

If you go to the G5 website, you can email them and they'll send you a DVD on how to sharpen them. I got it and found it pretty helpful.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:56 PM

I don't know about that "any rest will shoot any head well" out of a tuned bow statement. I have had some mixed results with bow tuning - some will tune perfectly and some you just can't get a perfect paper tear - or if you do get a perfect tear, it still won't shoot broadheads and field points to the exact same spot. And some broadheads just don't want to shoot good groupsout of certain bows - but will group well in other bows. I have found the same thing to be true with rifles - some will shoot certain bullets into the same hole, and another rifle won't group that same bullet into 2".

But then again, maybe I just don't know how to tune a bow
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM

I shot the montecs since last winter and they are a accurate bh but i couldn't get them as sharp as i thought they should be. so i went back to the 100 gr 3 blade muzzys . Which shoot fine out of my martin cougar bow with a wb rest and 28 beman ics hunter arrows

Quick Reply: G5 Montec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.