Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Scraping Lip?

Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Scraping Lip?

After i shoot my bow for awhile, i get this burn/cut on my lip. I think it is from the kisser button but i am not sure. If i neeed to change my form i want to start early so i can be ready for deer season. The burn/cut is on the right side of my upper lip.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 PM

Default RE: Scraping Lip?

Yes, that is likely caused by the kisser button. I took mine off altogether, but you can use serving and tie a "bump" in it's place. Works the same but won'tcut your lip.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 PM

Upper lip = move your kisser down a 1/16" at a time and try a shot.

Mine did that back in 1996. I was comfortable with the anchor, nose on the string and peep height. My upper lip was taking a pounding. I moved mykisser down 1/16", retied and shot...repeated over and over again until I found a comfortable place for my kisser while still keeping my nose on the string and anchor.

You might also want to make sure that there are no burs on the kisser and if all else fails, look for a smaller kisser or remove it.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:08 PM

One last thing you might want to consider is that you have the string anchored too tight to your face. Causing it to scrape your face and affecting accuracy
Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Check your bow's draw length. It is probably too long and you are having to turn your face toward the arrow and down in order to get a good anchor on the kisser.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Allen. Let's see, this thing is called a KISSER button. Do you kiss your lady friend with the corner of your mouth? Shorten the draw length a bit and get it closer to the front of the lips.

Actually, where most people anchor a kisser button is the distance the nock should be. This is very close to a vertical line drawn down from the eye.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

After i shoot my bow for awhile, i get this burn/cut on my lip. I think it is from the kisser button but i am not sure. If i neeed to change my form i want to start early so i can be ready for deer season. The burn/cut is on the right side of my upper lip.
Should have gone with the next size smaller callogen implants... is this Angelina Jolie?