Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ever heard of bent ACCs? >

Ever heard of bent ACCs?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ever heard of bent ACCs?

Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ever heard of bent ACCs?

That's my local bowshop's prognosis after I brought in 6 arrows for them to tune broadheads on to. They say 3 of the 6 are bent! I am an absolutely paranoid granny about my bow and arrows, and can't begin to see how I bent them.

Wouldn't it take quite an event to bend an Easton A/C/C arrow?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ever heard of bent ACCs?

ACCs can and do bend. I have a few that have developed a "wobble" and are now just expensive tomato stakes.

Normally it takes a pretty good hit to bend them but it can be done.

Find a flat surface (counter top normally works pretty well). Roll the arrow across the surface and look for any sort of oscillation as it rolls. Better yet, if you are planning on continuing to shoot ACCs, invest in an arrow roller.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Dude, they've got an aluminum core, and aluminum bends. Happens all the time.

I know it's difficult to find a better arrow than an ACC, but if you want one that IS better and won't bend, check out the Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select....
Old 05-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Have the shop put them on an arrow spinner and show you they are bent. You will see it when they spin pretty easily if they are bent.

By the way, any arrow can bend or warp, even carbons irregardless of the hype you hear about them. They are not either straight or broken, one of the biggest myths in archery right now.

ACC's are great arrows, but you can ruin them, and I would suppose they could go over time if you shot them enough. Especially for 3-D, a 3-D target is pretty abusive to arrows compared to a bag target.

If you couldn't ruin them they wouldn't be making a million of them a day.

Paul
Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

If 3 of 6 are bent,then you would have to be doing something to bend them.That doesn't just happen.You would have to be very abusive.

You can bend them when pulling them out of a target if not done properly.

Mine still check straight on a spin tester and they have thousands of shots but I also do most of my shooting in a bag target.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they bend , I had a couple 339's bend on me
Old 05-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Pine Ridge Arrow Inspector....$26

Better to find out at home rather than in the stand.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's why I switched to carbon. ACC's are far too expensive to have bend on you.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

That's why I switched to carbon. ACC's are far too expensive to have bend on you.

My ACC's are 3 or 4 years old and ALL CHECK within factory specs,even the one I stuck in a log.The spine also still checks perfect.That nis with thousands of shots.

All carbons have never lasted me as long as my ACC's.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned ACC's can be bent, but it takes a lot of abuse to do so. But if done carefully they can be restraightened, too, depending on how bad they are.

I will say that if you know how to shoot at multiple spots and how to pull arrows from a 3D target then a dozen should last many years. You're apt to have the normal miss once in a while or somebody creases one. This is called normal wear and tear, and part of the cost of shooting. Arrows don't bend themselves. They get help.

I would sy that one thing you won't do is shoot a broken arrow through your hand as has been done a few times with all carbon arrows.

Quick Reply: Ever heard of bent ACCs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.