Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who said that physics wasn't fun? >

Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who said that physics wasn't fun?

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

To many stubborn, hard headed people who KNOW THEY ARE RIGHT in here.
Yep. ADD YOURSELF TO THE LIST. You too, Dave. By the way, Dave, I'm glad you know so much about the intricacies of arrow lethality, when you didn't even know what to use to tie in a friggin' peep sight.

I've had other people work on my bow half the time and putting in a peep has very little to do with knowledge on what a bow can do. I do know what to use. And I was asking what other people used, Arthur. For someone your age you really need to grow up a little, Arthur.

I've been showing you respect in other threads and you act like a child and again resort to trying to degrade others and somehow make yourself feel better, Arthur. Didn't you say you used to be a teacher? I'm truly amazed at that. however, it definitely explains what is and was wrong with the US school system. Grow up already and stop acting so pathetic.I can see this sort of comment coming from someone a lot younger than you. I had some respect for you until that comment. Not anymore.
Well said, and kind of a hypocrite if hes a school taecher.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Been gone for a few, but I see that I wasn't wrong on how to keep a thread going here.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dave, I'm not, never have been and never will be a school teacher. Perfect example of what I've been trying to say. Just because you THINK something, doesn't make it right.

You don't do well at playing the injured, innocent bystander. You're not innocent in the least. You might review the past few pages and look at how DISrespectful you've been.

Frankly, I take it as a blatant insult when you applied the word 'intelligent' ONLY to those posts that agreed with you. It's disrespectful when you type "HAHAHAHAHA" in response to someone's comment. How many other points that illustrate your disrespect do you want me to cover?

It doesn't matter one whit to me whether you respect me or not. I wasn't arguing to convert YOU, or passthru either, for that matter. I was arguing to get correct information out so that others might start thinking about their equipment and arrow choices.

There've been less than 350 posts on this thread. It has been viewed 3,501 times. While you and passthru have been acting like this is some kind of personal vendetta, it's those that have made those other 3,000 views that I've been talking to.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I'm not, never have been and never will be a school teacher. Perfect example of what I've been trying to say. Just because you THINK something, doesn't make it right.

You don't do well at playing the injured, innocent bystander. You're not innocent in the least. You might review the past few pages and look at how DISrespectful you've been.

Frankly, I take it as a blatant insult when you applied the word 'intelligent' ONLY to those posts that agreed with you. It's disrespectful when you type "HAHAHAHAHA" in response to someone's comment. How many other points that illustrate your disrespect do you want me to cover?

It doesn't matter one whit to me whether you respect me or not. I wasn't arguing to convert YOU, or passthru either, for that matter. I was arguing to get correct information out so that others might start thinking about their equipment and arrow choices.

There've been less than 350 posts on this thread. It has been viewed 3,501 times. While you and passthru have been acting like this is some kind of personal vendetta, it's those that have made those other 3,000 views that I've been talking to.

Have a nice day.

Ihad a nice little speech typed out but then realized I'd just be feeding your overstuffed ego.Ah heck with it.

I'm going to leave you with this. I offered to do a test and it was accepted. I think because most of you were 100% positive that the heavier arrow would prevail. Heck,I was a little surprised myself.As soon as the test did not come out the way that the nay sayers wanted they all started being generally disrespectful because somehow their little world was turned upside down. the test doesn't count for this reason. The test doesn't count for that.

We're all stupid for not agreeing with Ashby. We're just dumb because the only thing that matters when you shoot an arrow is momentum. What do we know from actually hunting and shooting game.

I'm pretty sure I never grouped anybody in an "intelligent" circle. We are all pretty much morons for having this whole discussion in the first place.

The post mellowed out and everything was going well and then more nay sayers got on here and called us all dumb for thinking that our arrows won't work. Youcan follow the post and see that.

passthru makesone littlecomment and you snap like a baby and directly try to insult me by stating a different postI made. What a joke on your part. I've actually had people PM'ing me on that saying how childish that was. I'm pretty sure the 3,000 other people see can tell who you were talking to when you use DAVE.

Thump your chest like Tarzan. Or pat yourself on the back. I'm sure you are used to that.

The sad part is that I'm sure you have not realized that the reason most people do not post a thread or comment is because some blowhard like you jumps on them.

Congratulations, not give yourself a gold star and a cookie and go take a nap.

The end. Fin!!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rather than continue this pissing match, I invite you to PM me and we can talk more frankly.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was arguing to get correct information out so that others might start thinking about their equipment and arrow choices.

I am currently shooting a 425 grain arrow but after reading your and others posts I have ordered heavier arrows. I am also going to experiment with lighter fletching to increase my FOC (currently 10%) to at least 12% and maybe higher.As I learn more I will experiment with even heavier arrows and higher FOC's. I do not think I will approach 650 grain arrow though LOL . Thanks for your contributions to this thread. They have certainly helped me, a novice bowhunter.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been experimenting with the OnTarget program with this very issue. Just a tip.

One thing to remember is that the heavier the arrow the more weight that you will probably have to add to the front of the arrow to raise FOC.

Changing the fletching will make only a small difference.If youare using a 85 gr or 100 gr tip you can switch to 125 grandmore than likelyjump the FOC by a few percent. If you want to keep your tips you already have you can buy screw-ins that weight 25 gr.

There are 2 arrows on the market that already have weight forward design incorporated. CX Maximas andI just found out about the other one on this thread Nitro Stingers.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

offer accepted.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

From the first post on this subject:

Who said that physics wasn’t fun??!!
My wife said that, just before she dropped the course this past semester.
(I just thought I'd answer the only question that was asked in the opening post.)
Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny.

Quick Reply: Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.