Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which Hoyt Vectrix? >

Which Hoyt Vectrix?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Hoyt Vectrix?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Which Hoyt Vectrix?

Hello, I'm in the market for a new bow and I've got it narrowed down to the Hoyt Vectrix. However, I'm having trouble deciding on the Vectrix (33" axle to axle) or the Vectrix XL (36"). I have a 28" draw and primarily hunt whitetails (from treestands and my blind) and occasionally an elk hunt in Montana.

I'm undecided because I like the extra 1/2" of brace height that the XL offers but the shorter version will obviously be easier to maneuver and carry.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Al Smith
Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Which Hoyt Vectrix?

I don't know how big of a difference 1/2" makes, but I would say go with whatever feels the best to you. Personally, if its mainly a hunting bow, I would probably go with the 33". Like you said, easier to carry/ manuever
Old 03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Hoyt Vectrix?

I bought the XL because I use it for 3-D. Although I have been thinking about replacing my hunting bow this year, im thinking about replacing it with a Vectrix 33" ATA. Most of my hunting is tree stands and once in a while a blind. Just try them side by side and see if one stands out more. Some times it helps to shoot with your eyes closed. That way you dont worry about the arrow and just feel the bow.