Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34.... >

Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

Old 03-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

man i cant believe u really didnt feel a weight difference.. me an a buddy went to look at them first i think i noticed wheni pickedup the ridgeline was the weight without sayin a word handed it to my buddy an he said this this weighs a ton..
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MdDave

man i cant believe u really didnt feel a weight difference.. me an a buddy went to look at them first i think i noticed wheni pickedup the ridgeline was the weight without sayin a word handed it to my buddy an he said this this weighs a ton..
Dave,
IT IS A 2 ounce difference!!!! It's only 2 ounces!!! Unless you grabbed a Ridgeline that was still attached to a rack, you can likely tell about as much difference as I could between the group of bows as far as weight goes.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

did u way this bow your self? cause the arcehery shop i went to the dealer said hoyt an reflex's are not giving out the weight of there bows this year???????
Old 03-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntersfriend.com/compoundbows.htm

Dave,
Look at this site, it has the weights of nearly all of the 2007 Bows, and you'll see most MEN'S bows weigh 4# or more.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmm, the Ridgeline you say? I might be headed out to Cabelas later today. I will have to see if they have one in stock and give it a go.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Host of Hosts

This is the first post I've ever seen where someone defends a Reflex over big brother Hoyt and rival Bowtech. Like someone said earlier that's why they make so many different bows, cause everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I can't comment on the Reflex because there are no dealers around my area. I think Dick's had a few last year but they seemed like lower end models. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the bows they carried.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 AM

i just bought the ridgeline 34 thursday, great shooting bow very steady in the hand because of the weight, the bare bow weighs in a 4.4 lbs
Old 03-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

This is the first post I've ever seen where someone defends a Reflex over big brother Hoyt and rival Bowtech. Like someone said earlier that's why they make so many different bows, cause everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I can't comment on the Reflex because there are no dealers around my area. I think Dick's had a few last year but they seemed like lower end models. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the bows they carried.
Trykon,
Don't get me wrong, I liked the Vectrix, and the Trykon XL also, but in all HONESTY, that Ridgeline34 felt smoother on the draw and the release, with less handshock than the Vectrix, and similar to that of the Trykon XL. One of my co-workers thought the same thing, and we both believe that the STS must be what is causing the Vectrix to seem like it has more handshock. I'd be interested in shooting one without the STS, to see how differently it feels. But as both bows were, I HONESTLY thought the Ridgeline34 was smoother all the way around. Go shoot one and see for yourself. I've know of at least 3 different guys who agree with me, and oneOWNSA VECTRIX. I'd intended on spending $700 on a Vectrix this summer, but I may end up spending $550 on a Ridgeline34 instead after shooting both.