Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Don't stop at walk back >

Don't stop at walk back

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Don't stop at walk back

Old 08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't stop at walk back

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Now we need to get you, Rick and Aussie to get into an in-depth discussion on creep tuning.
Gee thanks Art just throw me in the deep end to sink or swim.

Actually that is the one thing I was going to add to "T" mans post.

I know a lot of guys have not even heard of creep tuning.

What it basicly is, isshooting from the front of the valley on a dual cam or the Binary cam not so good on a cam & 1/2 or single cam cause they dont have the harness to make the adjustments.

Instestead of getting into a whole lot od detail in "T" mans thread I will write it up and make another post.

Then we can argue to our hearts content[8D]

Apart from that good post "T" man

Looking forward to your post.

I must say that the ability to creep tune is IMHO the single best reason to shoot a dual cam bow. As long as I have the right twist rate in the cables to get the fine adjustment need for a perfect creep tune..........I can make those high/lows from bad shots go away almost entirely.

I will save the rest of my thoughts on this for Russel's thread when it pops up but guarantee this will be a great thread when it appears.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Creep tuning

With the solid walls that most cam systems have, it really isn't anywhere near as much of a necessity but I have done it to my cam 1/2 and I made some minor adjustments but not much.

I do like the ability to do it to a cam 1/2.I usually check mine with a creep tune but usually don't have to make any adjustments.

Thanks for the bump.I have been adding the link to several threads it seems lately.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Big John suggested I pin one of my threads which might get referred to often, andif I do that I'm gonna pin this one as well. Any otherthreads someone might think of which should join these?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks,now I don't have to keep finding it in my favorites.[8D]
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 PM

good thread!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

TFox, excellent thread. Great read.

Shane
Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks,hope it helps someone out there.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Many thanks TFOX....it goes to help understand some of what my arrows were telling me.....eventhough I didn't quite get it. Very enlightening.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:48 PM

Greetings
I am shooting a Bowtech Alligience, trophy taker rest, shooting app. one year, I noticed scratch marks on the left side of the arrow rest, as if the fletches scratched the fall-away rest, how do I set the rest to solve this problem? Would this have an influence on my accuracy, when shooting the bow?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GPJOdendaal

Greetings
I am shooting a Bowtech Alligience, trophy taker rest, shooting app. one year, I noticed scratch marks on the left side of the arrow rest, as if the fletches scratched the fall-away rest, how do I set the rest to solve this problem? Would this have an influence on my accuracy, when shooting the bow?

It could be centershot being out as well as contact issues.If the centershot is out,the arrow could be rubbing harder on one side of the rest than the other causing the marks.

It could also be the rest falling too late resulting in fletching contact as well.You would need to lengthen the rope tied to the down cable so the rest will fall sooner or you might be able to raise the rope as well.

It COULD be the rest bouncing back up and making contact.

You can put some lipstick or foot powder on the rest and shoot an arrow through the bow to see if it shows up on the fletching.That will tell you if you have contact.

AND YES,any of these things will cause some accuracy problems,mainly in forgiveness.

Quick Reply: Don't stop at walk back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.