Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
broadhead and vane allignment? >

broadhead and vane allignment?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadhead and vane allignment?

Old 12-19-2002, 11:50 PM

Default RE: broadhead and vane allignment?

IMN23D:
That could very well be....just not what I have found with MY arrows.
Did you try turning the arrows 180 degrees to find that weak plane on the other side?
Old 12-20-2002, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Stealth...yes, but one side was "weaker" than the other. Both on the same plane, but not on plane with the "bend"

Old 12-20-2002, 11:42 AM

Excellent. Then you HAve found the weak plane.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:18 PM
8PT

IMN23D, first I want to say thanks for introducing us to the bearing test which I had never heard of but is right up my alley, I am a tinkerer. I picked up 3 bearings at a bearing shop yesterday and have been playing with it. My question is, when fletching for a single cam, prong type rest (actually I am using a dropaway) with release do you put the cock fletch on the weak or stiff side if the spine? Or is it mostly a matter of getting them all consistant?

Old 12-21-2002, 10:47 AM

to get back to the original question.....i sometimes use the nugent blade which is a two blade cut on contact head so should i rip one fletching off and only use two fletches because i have only two blades? come on now?!? or i also go hunting for wild boar and use the steelforce 150 gr. hellfire which has four blades and is cut on contact, maybe i should change my whole arrow and add a fletch. come on now?!? but with common sense here i mostly use NAP thunderhead 100 gr. 3-blade and of all the 23 deer i have shot with that set up they didn't care and it didn't matter whether the blades were lined up with the fletches, all 23 are either in the freezer or on the wall.....
Old 12-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

8PT...I don't think it matters as long as they are the same. But, I personally fletch with the weak side down so the induced flex between the nock point and the rest (unless you shoot a loop) won't be as much.