Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech equalizer? and arrows? >

Bowtech equalizer? and arrows?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech equalizer? and arrows?

Old 02-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech equalizer? and arrows?

I was thiking about getting the Bowtech equalizer, I was just wondering if any of you have shot it and how it performed? I have a Bowtech stalker, black knight 2, and Patriot. I've loved all those bows patriot was pretty top heavy, but shot real good. I'm currently shooting my hoyt havoctec, and I'm useing carbon express 300 arrows with 75 grain tips. My draw weight is 70 pounds, and draw length is 28" I was wondering if I got the equalizer, and peaked everything out on it would I be able to use the same arrow or should I get a less stiff arrow? Any input would be great. Thanks alot
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech equalizer? and arrows?

If your draw length is 28", the Equalizer might not be for you. The max is 27.5", unless you want to come down to that or tinker with it. It shot pretty good and I'm setting up one for myself.

I shoot the Maxima 350 @ 26" and 100 grn. My total weight is around 360 grn shooting 60#. My bow shoots great. The 300 is around 8.1grn/inch, pretty close to the 350. Depends on the length of the arrow, you should be find.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

It says the draw goes to 27.5, and with a little adjustments to the strings and a string loop. I figured it would be perfect. My arrows are 27.5 inches long. They weigh 330 grains completed feathers and all. I figure that bow peaked on everything setup for hunting ought to shoot really close to 300 fps, I was just wondering if anyone had one and how accurate and quiet theres were. If it is likethe other Bowtech I own it should be whisper quiet, and smooth. I just want something a little more well rounded. My black knight 2 can be tough to shoot past 30 yards. The patriot is heavy, and top heavy at that. My stalker is pretty slow, but extremely light, and accurate. I've been useing my hoyt havoctec, and it is a good setup just getting a lil old its like an 02. I just think it is time to upgrade just getting some opinions, because the closet bowtech shop is about an hour away.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

At 27 1/2" Draw length I don't think you will find a faster bow. As for smoothness of draw, its a binary but doesn't have the smooth/fast option of mods. Mine is somewhere in between but closer to the feel of the fast mods. The 07 Equalizer has the exact same riser and overal dimensions abd brace as the Allegiance.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have much experience, but I'm currently shooting a Tech29 ('02). Comparing the Equalizer with the Tech29, it is smoother, slimmer, longer (this is the minus for me), shoot just as good, and modern look. Accurate - this depends on the shooter IMO. Just drive the 1 hour and shoot it. Just make sure you bring your plastic/checkbook.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:22 AM

My brother has a Equalizer and loves it.I believe he is the 27" draw range and shoots beman ics 400 w/100gr tip @56-60lbs and shoots around 260fps.