Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 HCA Sidewinder Pro >

HCA Sidewinder Pro

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HCA Sidewinder Pro

Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Default HCA Sidewinder Pro

Has anyone shot one of these? I am thinking of trying one out, and was looking for some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Blessings
Old 01-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HCA Sidewinder Pro

all I can say is if you shoot one you will probably wind up buying one
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 AM

Well thats good to know, because the brown truck will deliver one to me Thursday. I have always been skeptical of the carbon risers, but I want a lighter bow. I had bad experiences with HCA a couple of years ago, but I think things have changed around there enough to give them another try.
Thanks for the input.

Blessings
Old 01-16-2007, 08:29 PM

STAY AWAY from HCA! i bought one a few months ago (i shouldn't of listened to their salesman at a expo) and had problems from the get go with it. Mine is a Carbon 4 Runner. Its got more vibration in the hand than any bow ive ever shot and its SLOW. Their site says they're fast, but their not at all!!! Im sure their test are done with their "speed pro" arrows, something like 5 gpi or something like that. Ive always heard its like dry firing a bow when you shoot those arrows, but since they're light their fast and thats where they get their numbers from. Mine had horrible cam lean from the start and cut two bottom servings. I had to send it in TWICE before they would fix it. After i got it back the last time, their was an extra cable slide between the riser and the cable slide with the cables in it. It was just hanging there. I had to take my bow to a bow shop to get it removed. I called them 3 times trying to talk to them about the problem, and the lady on the phone kept giving me the run around. After the third time i had to tell her i wanted to talk to the manager right now and she put me on the phone with some "Clint Pierce" guy (i think that was his name). He was a smartass about it when i told him i wasnt satisfied with his product. The bows aren't very good, but their customer service is by far the worst of any product ive ever seen. STAY AWAY! Look around the internet and see how many folks talks about risers BREAKING on them when they draw! There is also a label that reads "WARNING do not use in bow press! may cause personal injury and bow damage!" (my bow is sitting in my lap and i read it and typed that label). just please stay away from them, they were once a great bow company, but they have went to crap. I dont look for them to be in business much longer.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I would say stay away. I hunted HCA until 2001. They took a wrong turn when they went to carbon. They have alot of vibration that is accentuated by their light weight.It is a violent feel. I TRIED to be loyal. But the bow is not a friendly design.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

HCA had reorganized under the guidance of Richard Batdorf, owner of Newberry bows. These new bows are not the same design and the ones that were described, and Newberry's customer service was not bad when I needed it. You will get a bow with Barnsdale limbs, not the Vibra Flex Armor stuff. The carbon risers are beefed up, not just designed to be as light as possible. The shock should not be as described with other models, as they are now parallel limb design. I don't know whether you will be raving over the bow or not, but I can't see comparing it to designs that are now gone. Heck, the guy ordered it and has it coming, and you tell him to stay away? Little late for that. It looks to me that the Sidewinder Pro has the same hybrid cam system as the Newberry line, like the B1 that I had. All I can say is keep a close eye on your power cable serving. Mine was getting chewed up pretty bad until I beveled and polished the lip of the round 3rd track of the lower cam. I didn't really care for the late peak, no valley type of draw, but many guys really like a cam system like that. My B1 was pretty fast and reasonably quiet. I would be looking forward to a good experience with the bow, not worrying about how products and customer service were in the past. Good luck with your new bow.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

HCA had reorganized under the guidance of Richard Batdorf, owner of Newberry bows. These new bows are not the same design and the ones that were described, and Newberry's customer service was not bad when I needed it. You will get a bow with Barnsdale limbs, not the Vibra Flex Armor stuff. The carbon risers are beefed up, not just designed to be as light as possible. The shock should not be as described with other models, as they are now parallel limb design. I don't know whether you will be raving over the bow or not, but I can't see comparing it to designs that are now gone. Heck, the guy ordered it and has it coming, and you tell him to stay away? Little late for that. It looks to me that the Sidewinder Pro has the same hybrid cam system as the Newberry line, like the B1 that I had. All I can say is keep a close eye on your power cable serving. Mine was getting chewed up pretty bad until I beveled and polished the lip of the round 3rd track of the lower cam. I didn't really care for the late peak, no valley type of draw, but many guys really like a cam system like that. My B1 was pretty fast and reasonably quiet. I would be looking forward to a good experience with the bow, not worrying about how products and customer service were in the past. Good luck with your new bow.
Right on Joe
Richard Is a very good friend of mine and I Can guarantee you that there has been a lot of management changesin every department especially in the customerservice department. Becky is very adimate about making sure the customers needs are met because she knows that customer satisfaction makes or brakes a company.
Richard took Newberry and made it an over night success because he designed and manufacturedsome of the very best bows at a price the customers could afford
the2007 HCA lineupis built with the same quality craftsmanship as the Newberry line because Richard will not acceptmediocreI know this for a fact because I know his work ethics concerning how much pride he takes in making the best equipment possible.

the first 2 years that Archery pro LLCwas in business Richard built every bow himself because He did not trust any one else to build them because he was terified someone would not do it to his standards but once sales started soaring He had to turn some people loose to build the product in order to keep up with demands but he supervised every move we made to make sure his bows were made to his standards.
I know for a fact that the new HCA line is being made by the same high standards as the newberry line.

http://highcountryarchery.com/bow_sidewinderpro.htm

Old 01-17-2007, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the replies.
I understand the concern of some and the encouragement of others. I have been down the rocky road with HCA two years ago with a 4-Runner Extreme that went through 4 sets of limbs in less than two months. The last set broke in half at full draw. OUCH!!! The customer service at that time totally sucked. That person is no longer there. I have talked to Richard about that.
As the last post stated, things at HCA have changed for the better. Richard has turned things around. All I was asking forin this post was some feedback from someone who has shot this new Sidewinder Pro. I know that this is a quality bow.

Blessings
Old 01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

congradulations on your purchase! if there is anything i can do for you feel free to call me any questions or what not, the pro is what i am shooting for hunting super easy to shoot 72# 295grain speed pro 27 1/2 draw 320 fps
Old 01-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will the Sidewinder Pro ever be offered with your "Ketchum" cam system, single cam, or just the Hybrid? Thanks.

Quick Reply: HCA Sidewinder Pro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.