Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Lumenock any good? >

Lumenock any good?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lumenock any good?

Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Lumenock any good?

Hey i was at the proshop the other day and saw they were selling the lumenock and was just wondering if anyone uses them. I see them on videos all the time and they seem to work awesome. The one i was looking at was the burt coyote lumenock. Do the extra grains effect flight? How is their all around performance? Any problems? Thanx.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:14 PM

Default RE: Lumenock any good?

Can't tell ya about the lumenock, but I did get some tracers same as lumenock they have a little magnet that mounts on your bow and when the arrow goes by it turns it on. They are like 40 grains but I couldn't tell any difference at 30 yards. To turn them off you just pass them by the magnet again
Old 02-12-2007, 05:05 PM

I heard out to 40 yards not much difference after that yes you have problems. I was thinking about getting one for those early/late in the day shots.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't own any Lumenoks but my buddy Frank did.......He had 3 or 4 of them and he's had nothing but problems with them. They were breaking easily for one (I personally witnessed 2 that broke ears off the nock from simple shooting, no contact with another arrow whatsoever......one broke on the very first shot)

When they held up they would only light about 1/2 the time and would go out as often with contact with the target.
The one deer that he did shoot with one was in a field before dark and the nock lit up but went out at impact and passthru and the arrow was lost in the high grass.
He said he will not use them again.

I picked up a pack of 3 Tracer brand nocks and have been playing with them........THESE I like! They light up everytime, are very bright and are not affected by impact or nock fit to shaft.
They are really slick, simply mount the magnet in close proximity to the path of the arrow on your shelf or riser. Pass the nock across the magnet again to shut it off.
They weigh 30 grs so I will probably have to alter my tuning a bit and jump to a 125gr broadhead but I plan to use them this season. I was impressed with their performance in my limited time using them.
Whats nice too is in practice......if you want to practice with them you just remove the magnet and they don't light up. No need to wear down the batteries.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanx for the heads up, Ill go with the tracers!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt makes a good point , these nocks are not the same . I tryed luminocks and hated them , junk IMO . The tracers seems to be of better quality , but allso are heaveyer . The fit of the luminocks I tryed was a joke , very poor quality , in their old tv comercial , the nock comes off the arrow on a shot on a pig . I think they have changed to a newer comercial an ditched that section .

I used to be the only one who complained about these things , with everyone else praiseing them , and beating me up , infering I didnt know how to set them up or some nonsence , Im glad to see others are now finding the same isues I had with them .