HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lumenock any good?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lumenock any good?

I didn't own any Lumenoks but my buddy Frank did.......He had 3 or 4 of them and he's had nothing but problems with them. They were breaking easily for one (I personally witnessed 2 that broke ears off the nock from simple shooting, no contact with another arrow whatsoever......one broke on the very first shot)

When they held up they would only light about 1/2 the time and would go out as often with contact with the target.
The one deer that he did shoot with one was in a field before dark and the nock lit up but went out at impact and passthru and the arrow was lost in the high grass.
He said he will not use them again.

I picked up a pack of 3 Tracer brand nocks and have been playing with them........THESE I like! They light up everytime, are very bright and are not affected by impact or nock fit to shaft.
They are really slick, simply mount the magnet in close proximity to the path of the arrow on your shelf or riser. Pass the nock across the magnet again to shut it off.
They weigh 30 grs so I will probably have to alter my tuning a bit and jump to a 125gr broadhead but I plan to use them this season. I was impressed with their performance in my limited time using them.
Whats nice too is in practice......if you want to practice with them you just remove the magnet and they don't light up. No need to wear down the batteries.