Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech

Old 02-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Default BowTech

Hello all!This is my first thread on this site and I must say to writers, within this forum, that it has been highly informative to me. I have been in archery now for a little over 28 year and it has been a blast!

I am writing to this forum to state that I hav ejust recieved my BowTech Commander, (Left Hand) version. I currently reside here in Clackamas, Oregon, roughly 110 miles from the BowTech manufacturing plant in Eugene.

The order was placed on December 22rd in Miwaukee, Oregon (the next town over from Clackamas) @ 12:51pm. This afternoon I received the call from the Pro Shopstating that the Commander had arrived in good order. Did not know what to say immeadiatly, as I was expecting it to ship sometime in early March.

So there it is........

Old 02-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BowTech

Welcome to the site sit down relax and jump right on in

I have just recieved my BowTech Commander, (Left Hand) version.
Why you *&^%$#@I am still waiting for my Commander.

Just kidding from what I have heard it is a great shooting bow I can hardly wait for mine to arrive so I can set it up for 3d
Old 02-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, 1 post and its to tell everyone you're the 1st person on the planet to get a Commander. Way to make friends.

Ahh, just kidding. Welcome to the best site on the net and congrats on the bow.

Btw, if you're gonna tell us this, at least post a few pics of it to gawk at.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why you *&^%$#@I am still waiting for my Commander.
My feelings as well...and a left handed one to boot!! Just don't tell me it is in target colors too.

Congrats on the new bow and welcome to the forum. You are greatly envied.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:30 AM

No worries mates! This form of bow was purchased from BowTech "believe it or not" for both 3D shootingand hunting here in the Pacific North West Region. The colour purchase was Mossy Oak, as here in the N.W. this pattern is most viable for backdrop infiltration up close.

Hindsight optics with a few adjustments ie. "Hogg Wrap by Spot Hogg" will be the primary optics used for all sighting functions as it has proved to me in past hunts to be most adequate and dead on.

My draw length is a 33" with a comfortable flexed elbow to be that of 31" this was the reason for choosing the Commander as a primary Bow. The quiver that I will be using is a Simmons over the shoulder quiver as again it has shown to be a wonderful balance when in the back coultry. It is a five arrow shaft holder. Plenty for the shooting I entail and easy on the fly.

There is only one primary observationthat strikes me as wonderful in regards to this new Bow; and it is "balance." This Bow seems to be so well balanced on follow through that it concerns me. "What in the name...!" Never have I ever shot a Bow this smooth and with such ahighly controlled yaw and pitch after release. It is ease for me to say that for thepurposes, as mentioned above, I shoot -this Bow is probably; and quite frankly if not at the top of the food chain in over all characteristics it is a near it! Engineering and physics were my favorite subjects in college and it is certainly present in this new concept\ presentBow design!

I will post some pic's when the Bow is finalized and fitted for its first 3D shoot comming soon! To all who are still waiting for their spaceship... please don't fret. It will be well worth its wait measured in the weight of Dimonds! This I can say in pure earnest emotion.