Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Starrflight FOB

Old 01-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Starrflight FOB

Anybody shoot these? Got opinions or heard anything about them. Why aren't shops and catalogs carrying these?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Starrflight FOB

apparently I have hit on something nobody knows anything about or has even heard of??? Check out the website and give me your thoughts
http://www.starrflight.com/
Old 01-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Site Bouncer

Well I didn't surf the entire site but I can see some things I just don't like about them.

First of all, I don't think any type of rest becides a drop away will work with it. Even that it must have a pretty long drop to get out of the way. Also if you have any contact with the cables or rest your arrow flight will be way off, not to mention if it happens to graze a twig or branch.I don't like the fact that in order to get a pass through the gizmo has to pop off along with the nock........that should be fun to find. The web site says it will help you to find where (on the ground) you hit the deer........if you need that to help you find where you shot your deer, I suspect you have bigger problems that what type of fletchings to use.

It also puts alot more weight at the very back end of the arrow, maymess with the FOC ratios not to mention anchor points.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Aside from being limited to drop-away rests, popping-offto allow for a pass-through, I'm willing to bet that thing whistles thru the air. I'll stick with 2" blazers and wraps, thank-you.