Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Starrflight FOB

Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 PM

Default Starrflight FOB

has anyone seen these, how about some opinions. Has anyone used them.
Only 2 draw backs i see is you must use a drop-away rest and they only come in 4 degree offset.
here is the web addy incase you want to see them http://www.starrflight.com/index.php
Old 02-04-2008, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Starrflight FOB

They look interesting...but im somewhat skeptical...I have no experience with them so my opinon holds no weight, but i like my fletchings
Old 02-04-2008, 07:58 PM

The other obvious shortcoming is that they are not going to make itthrough the mesh of my ground blind without coming off. Still, the concept is intriguing. Wish I could get three or four to try out.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

a couple guys on here love them...sure they will chime in...id try them if i shot a drop away...and will test them if i ever do....

silly lookin things though.....
Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got involved useing them and was skeptical(spl)about the whole concept but I just spent afew hours today shooting them in my basement..(25yrs I have bow hunted with fletching and never thought there would be anything else)and cant find any fault except I had to buy my 1st dropaway and went with the T R Dropezone,I had my bow setup and shooting in little time.I am shooting Beman ICS 400 Hunters cut at 29" with 100gr field point.

Set-up.
Drenlin with 29" draw and 66lb draw weight,mech release....
After shooting thru thechrono with Beman's with 4" vains this was my FPS......256...average 5 arrows..
After putting FOB's on same arrow this is my FPS....259...average 5 arrows..
They fly streight and true and Icant tell or do not hear any noise differance between vains or FOB's.I shot 8 sets of 5 arrows with not one problem,tomorrow weather permitting(above 20deg) I will shoot 30,40,50yrds outside to see how they work at thos yrds....

Guys have shot thru mesh the only thing is your BH needs to be bigger then 1" witch means no Mech thru mesh with FOB's.I have not tried this yet.As of now I see no reason to go back to vains.

Try one you wont be sorry....but you need a dropaway.....

Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 AM

fob thread

Three pages in, just talked about them not long ago.

Paul
Old 02-05-2008, 04:01 AM

dang it I missed that post sorry
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people do not like change and go on Hearsay thinking they know all,it's like useing a dropaway over a WB,some love em and some hate em,then there are thos the hate em but never tried em.Its just like me and dropaways,never wanted to use one because I didnt think they were a good release to have in the woods,but I never said they were bad and not worth it....Now I am useing one and like it....
Gaining only 1.3 fps with fletched arrows was not worth the 100.00 I spent on the dropaway and removeing my WB.But with the FOB's its a hole differant story.
I can allways use the dropaway if the FOBs dont work out and the children can have the FOBs but I dont see that happening.....
I dont judge a product on hearsay only on fact.The fact Ive tried it and have a valid opinion...
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM

I wasn't cracking on you Alf, just wanted to link you to a thread already started that had some good info on it, even the designer chimed in which is always nice.

Paul
Old 02-05-2008, 02:43 PM

yes Paul I understand. i read 90% of the posts here that one got by me some how thanks for the link to it.

Quick Reply: Starrflight FOB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.