Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 YEA ANOTHER GUARDIAN THREAD! >

YEA ANOTHER GUARDIAN THREAD!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

YEA ANOTHER GUARDIAN THREAD!

Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM

Default YEA ANOTHER GUARDIAN THREAD!

yea i know this has probably been wore out, but I finally got a chance to test the new bowtechs and im very sad now. Not for the reason that you might think though. Im sad cause now i gotta come up with $750 as soon as possible. Ive heard all the reviews on the guardian before and most were praising it but Ive also noticed that a few of you are saying you would pick the allegiance over the guardian???????HUH? Ive shot the tribute, allegiance and guardian and now im completly stunned why anybody would not pick the guardian. All the bows I shot were set up with an sts. So I cant comment on there performance without it. However when i shot the allegiance I was like wow.....thats a fast smooth bow that sets in the hand really well. I think I actually even liked the tribute better which is the complete opposite of most ppl. Then came the guardian. On the draw I will admitt that it does stack up a bit right before it breaks over into the valley, but only does so for maybe an inche of the draw cycle. I can deal with this. After the shot the manager of the archery department starting laughing at me right away.(because of the look on my face). His words were."yea i know". I was absolutely stunned! Keep in mind i was shooting a light carbon express arrow with a 75 grain field tip and I had no idea id even shot the bow. All i heard was the arrow smack the target with authority. After this I wouldnt hand the bow back. I shot this bow probably at least 15 times and just couldnt get over how amazing it really was. It had no stabalizer and a junky plastic rest on it that looked like death but had absolutly NO(I stress!) NOOOO vibration or sound what so ever. I wasnt planning on buying a new bow this year. But this bow is simply unbeatable. If you have a bad thing to say about this bow your either smoking something strong or your brand loyal to another company and dont wanna admitt that this bow is deffinatly the greatest bow on the market. Im not a bowtech guy by the way just to let yall know. Ive always liked hoyts and love my new Martin pantera but nothing has even come close to the experience I had with the guardian. For those of you who havent shot one I would recommend you to take a video cam with you and see the look on your face when you shoot this bow and have no clue that it even went off. All you will hear is a release click and a slap into the target. Simply amazing. As far as vibration goes this thing cant be improved on. Id like to hear actually why some of yall have chosen the allegaince over the guardian. Dont tell me that about 6 more fps is that important to you. This bow is PLENTY fast enough for anybody imo. I just cant say enough about this bow.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: YEA ANOTHER GUARDIAN THREAD!

Glad you had such an amazing experience!! I haven't received my personal Guardian yet, as - as usual -- I upgraded to the special-order camo. I have shot it though... in an enclosed shooting lane with plywood walls about four feet away on either side of me... It sounded and felt about like my Tribute with a 6" Stealth stab affixed. The Guardian was bare bow.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Host of Hosts

BUCKSdigME, You have pretty much said it all. So I won't say anymore,except I wasn't going to buy another bow this year until I shot the Gaurdian. Now I can't wait to get it. I know you all say you already bought a Vectrix, but that was in November so technically it was last year.The wife already gave me the go ahead. I have until March to save my money. The dealer said it would be atleast then until I can get one. Just about that time I'll get my vacation check.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Yea it actually sucks when these new bows come out. There an addiction. My reason for going to the shop was to ask what kind of a deal I could get on a vectrix. I had been checkin for a guardian for about 2 weeks and he told me he might have to wait untill after the ata show so i pretty much forgot all about it. Then I asked about a price on the vectrix and he says.... Well first I need to tell ya that theres a guardian back here in this case ready to shoot. So I was like well finally I get to try this thing out. Honestly I didnt think it was gonna change my mind about the vectrix but was I wrong.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:07 PM

My birthday is just 2 days after valentines day so im hoping if I play my cards right the lady might assist me with paying for the guardian....lol
Old 01-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will say something bad and it has nothing to do with the fact that I am a Hoyt shooter.It has the exact same problem my 03 ultratec had.It has a rounded grip in the back and I hate thatfor longer shots.A rounded grip never wants to settle in the same place twice.I did like the "feel" of the bow.I also didn't like the draw cycle,too harsh for my taste,especially for a hunting bow.The bow I played with had some creak in it but I am sure it could be fixed.

I never shot the bow because I had no intensions of buying a bow and saw no need in setting it up.Even if I were going to buy a new bow,this one would be counted off my list because of the grip.I know what I like and don't need to shoot it because I know what it will do for me at 50 yards.The worst part about a rounded grip is it feels great.Just isn't conducive to a repeatablegrip on the bow.

I am a shop shooter so I could switch to a bowtech from Hoyt at anytime but The draw cycles are just a bit rough for me.

Or maybe it is just that I was smoking something.

Many different likes and dislikes when it comes to archery equipment,just because someone doesn't like what you like,doesn't mean they are wrong,just different.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

TFOX, You'd love the grip on my '07 Black Ice... thin and flat on back. Best grip I've seen so far.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not trying to hyjack but if you look at hoyts,they got flat in 04.I believe some of the pros said something.

I picked up the Allegiance and it was much flatter than the guardian.Seemed odd to me.I quess they are just trying to suit the needs of different shooters.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to concur with your observations to a point. I was at one of the local outdoor expos this past Saturday and one of the shops represented had a Guardian on display. I did not get to shoot it but after your post I am eager to give one a go. Overall handling, size, weight and balance felt very good. The draw cycle was a bit stiffer thanwhat I am accustomed to in a 70 pound bow but nothing harsher than normal.

I eagerly await my Commander.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM

TFOX my post wasnt referering to prefference.....Yea of course nobody likes the same grip, or draw cycle. Im talkin about noise and vibration. Ive actually heard it said that the guardian is no quiter than an allegaince,tribute or drenalinfrom many people and just want to put that to rest. Because I almost ruled the guardian out and narrowed it down to the tribute or vectrix because Id shot both and really liked the vectrix. I will actually agree that the grip at first has that feel that makes you wonder if your grabbing the same place twice, but I shoot with my pinky and ring finger folded in on the side of the grip. Woks for me because no matter what grip i always grab the same place every time and have yet to come across a grip that its caused torque on. This wasnt supposed to be a bowtech vs Hoyt thread. Just wanted to say that ive shot most of the 07 bigname bows and so far nothing is quiter or more vibration free from my experiences. Take it for what its worth.

Quick Reply: YEA ANOTHER GUARDIAN THREAD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.