Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fed-up with Gander Mountain >

Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fed-up with Gander Mountain

I'm with Matt/PA on this one. I was scratching my head trying to think of a 2 cam model. Is there one and if so why have I never seen it?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Said timed the cams,said the bottom one was a quarter inch off from the top one.
That's an interesting fix for a single cam bow.
I thought that was a bit odd myself; "cams" on a Matthews? Whatever the case, at least it's fixed.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:03 PM

They have great prices but a bad selection and horrible customer service. I'm 15 and know more than half of the workers there. [8D]I go there and don't ask for any help. I just shop for the deals. Go to Cabelas or somewhere for customer service and expertise.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Said timed the cams,said the bottom one was a quarter inch off from the top one.
That's an interesting fix for a single cam bow.
I thought that was a bit odd myself; "cams" on a Matthews? Whatever the case, at least it's fixed.
good eye... what's up with that?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Frog

That's an interesting fix for a single cam bow...
That's exactly what I was thinking. That ROUND idler wheel was a bit off-time? [8D]
Me, too. Now I'd have to wonder who knows what they are talking about. Funny how I've never seen an idler wheel (by definition) get out of time with the cam.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:52 PM

take gander mountain for what it is, don't bring your bows there to get fixed, but they do have a lot of stuff for real good prices. However, their bow department does seem to be the most lacking. But overall I am a big fan of Gander mountain. I think it is a very cool store witha large selection. and if you want expertise, i think the guys in guns at my local gandermountain are the most knowledgeable people on guns i have ever seen. But it is true that the bow section has people who know nothing. But my local store doesn't even have a place to shoot.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Gander Mountain...YUCK![:'(]
Old 01-03-2007, 09:03 PM

Remember......they are a RETAIL outlet! It is all about the $$$
Old 01-04-2007, 04:59 AM

In general, I recommend learning to tune a bow yourself or taking it to a person with a reputation of knowing how to do it correctly. However, in this instance, it appears the guy in Norwich was feeding you a line. The cam may have not been in the optimum position, but that should not have affected where the arrow was hitting. Even having the tiller uneven is only going to change where the nock point should be.

I don't know what was off and why he told you what he did, but something doesn't fit.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Campo

Your mistake was buying the bow from anyplace other than a CREDIBLE Pro-Shop. Notice, I say CREDIBLE Pro-Shop, not just any schmuck who has a ghetto shop in his garage, but a credible and well established Pro-Shop.
Walmart, Dicks, Bass Pro, and Gander Mountain, though they have a few (note: very few) archery techs who know what they are doing, mostly just chuck $hit together and send you out the door. Good luck getting follow up help in tuning and form.
Of course, some will say it costs them much less to buy the bow there (Gander). I counter this with, "When you end up going to a Pro-Shop and paying the initial 100$ service charge cause you didnt buy the bow from them and you need someone who actually knows what they are doing to service it, it will seem as if you ended up paying more at the larger store than at the Pro-Shop."
You obviously haven't been to the Bass Pro Shop where I work, Clarksville Indiana. We have some good service techs there if anyone is nearby, heck you can even shoot in the indoor range.

and

ORIGINAL: billythekidrock

Remember......they are a RETAIL outlet! It is all about the $$$
Aren't all businesses, even your local pro shop, about the money? Granted some care more about customer satisfaction, but they are all "about the $$$."

Quick Reply: Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.