Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string stretch

Old 12-30-2006, 08:17 PM

Default string stretch

I have a 2005 hoyt ultramag, how do i know if the string is creeping. if it is do you have any sugestions on strings for it.

thanks for any info.

drhoyt
Old 12-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: string stretch

The best way would be to take it off your bow and measure it. You could also take a lead pencil and mark your cam next to the limb so that you have a reference to see if something is stretching. Go on the Hoyt website and see what your ATA and brace height are supposed to be. As far as good replacement strings , Winners Choice, Bucknasty, Vapor Trails. Those are the ones I could think of right away but there are others also.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Banned

You can easily just have someone watch you draw your bow and make sure that upper and lower cams are both hitting the stopsat full draw at the same time. This will tell you if your bow is timed properly and if not the pro shop can adjust for you if you don't have a bowpress by making a twist or two in your string. I don't own a bow press and have my dealer take care of it. If you need a new string thoughI have used a winners choice stringand have been impressed with it. There is a guy named Gibblet( I believe that is his name; correct me if I am wrong please)on here that makes and sells strings and everybody raves about him.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

You can easily just have someone watch you draw your bow and make sure that upper and lower cams are both hitting the stopsat full draw at the same time. This will tell you if your bow is timed properly and if not the pro shop can adjust for you if you don't have a bowpress by making a twist or two in your string. I don't own a bow press and have my dealer take care of it. If you need a new string thoughI have used a winners choice stringand have been impressed with it. There is a guy named Gibblet( I believe that is his name; correct me if I am wrong please)on here that makes and sells strings and everybody raves about him.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would take a guess and say you need a new string the bow is 2 years old and if it is still the original string I would replace it.

I use and recommend strings from gibblet here on the forum he makes some of the best string I have used and over the years I have used a lot of different strings.

Not only are his strings top quality they are also very affordable for the quality he could really charge a lot more for them and get it but he is just one of the guys who like to look after his customers.