Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Disappointed in the new Bowtech and Mathews bows >

Disappointed in the new Bowtech and Mathews bows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Disappointed in the new Bowtech and Mathews bows

Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Disappointed in the new Bowtech and Mathews bows

Ialso took note to check on this "wear spot" that was described on or near the Center Pivot arm. I seen no clearance issues anywhere and noted that the bushings are plainly visable between the arm and the limb block. Drawing the bow, nothing moved enough to decrease the clearances that are apparent at brace.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I KNOW the Guardian is the most recoil free quiet bow that I have personally ever shot.
I agree that she is pretty dead at the shot.

I have no concerns about reliability or durability and quite frankly think the draw cycle is pretty nice? But I'm not Atlas.
I have major concerns over the durability of guardian. Serving wear and moving parts digging into the finish on the riser in under 100 shots was very alarming to me. I can't tell anyone what I "felt" on the draw but I certainly know I wouldn't dream of toting that thing up a tree. I could draw my bow (and the allegiance) for that matter with half the effort and they were all within 1 lb of each other. The draw was perhaps the worst thing about the bow IMO. If you like the draw and haven't seen the wear I saw then I can see why you like the bow. I would too.

I would certainly encourage everyone to form their own opinions first hand because I have heard everything from "The 2nd coming" to "not impressed" for every new make and model out there.
Agree 100%..........I was shocked at what I felt because I had heard and read almost nothing but praise...........you gotta shoot 'em yourself.

I didn't get one single comment about a poor draw cycle, not one
Just a thought Matt but I would be less inclined to tell someone who just bought a $700 bow that I didn't like it.........even if I didn't. Not saying that happened but comments made in that setting could be done so in a way not to hurt someone's feelings. Just something to think about.

I also got feedback from 2 local shops who have them and they said people are flipping out over how great the bow is.........
I was the 5th person to shoot the new lineup and the only ones they have sold were sight unseen to the hardcore regulars who order the newest bow every year as soon as they come out. The shooters had mixed reviews and only one guy ordered one (a Drenalin). Granted that is only 4 guys and I have no idea how serious they were in the first place.

(Oh yeah even though I only had it for exactly 2 days it did pretty good in the shoot too.)
Nice.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

If any Dealer would have a problem like that with any new product, you'd think they'd be on the phone with the manufacturer to get it resolved rather than making it an issue with a potential customer.

They did contact Bowtech.........I was there right before Christmas and they had not heard back yet.

The 'stress' on the limb is equal to the point where you can see a nice rounded arc at full draw. The center pivot design is just that - a pivot that causes equal bending of the limb.

That was just my observation..........when the bow was drawn the limb tips flexed down way more then I expected them to. Just my eyeballing looked like they were under a ton of stress. Nothing scientific there.......just something I thought was interesting considering the new design.

There were other initial comments that didn't 'wash' very well; but, like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Please elaborate...........maybe I can clear things up for you.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 PM

They did contact Bowtech.........I was there right before Christmas and they had not heard back yet.
Whenever I call BowTech, especially with a problem, someone is back to me within hours, not days. Just last week the GM called me about an issue where I left a message with a salesperson. Companies with that keen an interest in customer relations don't take a week to get back to someone.

Please elaborate...........maybe I can clear things up for you.
I think you've made yourself quite clear.

As far as any new design, there is always skepticism andpossible issues that may have to be addressed. Your 'issues', however, seem to be contrary to everything I've examined, the customer reactions encountered in my shop, and the majority of comments/analysis made on this and other forums.

While I accept opinions (2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge), I question statements of 'fact with questionable basis' which iscontrary to accredited analysis.
[/i]
Old 12-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I drew both the Guardian and the 07 Allegiance with smooth cams. I love Bowtechs and have beena huge fan since getting my 05 Allegiance. On drawing the two new bows for this year I will agree with Atlas that the Guardian is much stiffer than the 07 Allegiance. IMO it was stiffer than my 05 Allegiance.

The Guardian was set at 62 #s and felt like 70. The Allegiance was set at 65 and drew much nicer. What impressed me the most about the Allegiance was how nice it was to let down. Very smooth and easy which is important for hunting. My 05 wants to jump initially making a smooth let down difficult. The Guardian had a little jump too on let down, but not as bad as my Allegiance.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to shoot them. My hope is that Bowtech will listen to its customers (which they usually do) and come out with a smoother drawing Guardian next year. If they do, that will be my new bow. For now, there isn't anything that makes it worth replacing my baby yet.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:29 PM

Whenever I call BowTech, especially with a problem, someone is back to me within hours, not days. Just last week the GM called me about an issue where I left a message with a salesperson. Companies with that keen an interest in customer relations don't take a week to get back to someone.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding Len. I was there shooting the bows on Christmas eve at 1 pm........I don't know when the call was placed......and I don't know if Bowtech called back 2 minutes after I left. I have not been back since so all I can tell you is what I know. I have known him for awhile and if he tells me he called Bowtech about it I have no reason not to believe him.

As far as any new design, there is always skepticism andpossible issues that may have to be addressed. Your 'issues', however, seem to be contrary to everything I've examined, the customer reactions encountered in my shop, and the majority of comments/analysis made on this and other forums.

There is another thread in this room and another person in this discussion that have pretty much identical comments to mine on the guardian draw............I agree that most people are/were raving about these bows and that is why I was so excited to go shoot them.........All I can do is be honest about what I felt and saw.

While I accept opinions (2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge), I question statements of 'fact with questionable basis' which iscontrary to accredited analysis.

It is what it is...........my experience with the bow is my opinion. The wear and tear I saw is fact. Pretty simple.........just a hunter that went to shoot some new bows telling what he felt and saw.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atlasman,

Will you please PM me the dealers name and location? I'd like to contact their Sales Rep. to make sure they've been contacted and of course I'm curious as to what this wear and tear you saw was.

Regards, Pat
Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 AM

I try to keep an open mind about new designs; but, let's just face it, you don't like the design or looks of the bow. I base this on your first comments concerning the bow.
.....but 2 things IMMEDIATELY jumped out at me. I didn't care for the extra moving parts, especially held in place by small clip like cotter pins. Looks like a way too many new areas added that could be a problem. Most of all on initial inspection the cables are twisted around in the cam like a pretzel with two posts set awkwardly close to each other.........just looking at it closely my initial fear was confirmed.......the serving on the cable was already coming apart in that area.

And keep in mind that I made no comments about anyone's concern about draw cycle. That's completely a personal opinion much like the fit of a pair of shoes.

It's funny because initial commentsabout the MZE rest were almost identical to your initial comments about this bow design. The concept of thisrest became one of the most copied and it is still one of the mostpopular drop-away rests. I wonder if history will repeat for this bow design.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:15 AM

now that's how you handle yo bidness

pat ='s the man
Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 AM

I try to keep an open mind about new designs; but, let's just face it, you don't like the design or looks of the bow. I base this on your first comments concerning the bow.

Once again I think you are misunderstanding what I wrote........reading my post it is clear that I did like the look and design. I thought I made that pretty clear. I would not have even mentioned anything other then the draw if I had not seen the wear and tear after so few shots. That made me nervous about the long term viability.

ORIGINAL: atlasman

First was the guardian. Looking over the bow it was definately nice to look at
Everything else on the bow looked very good........beautiful bow top to bottom
The guardian also looks better in person then in mags IMO.

It's funny because initial commentsabout the MZE rest were almost identical to your initial comments about this bow design. The concept of thisrest became one of the most copied and it is still one of the mostpopular drop-away rests. I wonder if history will repeat for this bow design.
Who knows.........I think it has potential to go either way.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in the new Bowtech and Mathews bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.