Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW) >

Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 AM

Default RE: Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

ORIGINAL: Grandviewer

post that over on AT your a dead man ![X(] they love their hoyts !
It's obvious to me they do here also. And not the sharing of some real opinions.
Grandviewer, I don't know if this was directed towards me or not but i'm gonna reply anyway. I assume you are a loyal Mathews Shooter from your posts. If I am wrong I am sorry. But if you are a loyal Mathews shooter, great for you, loyalty is a great trait to have. I never said the Drenalin was crap, just that in my opinion the Vectrix was just a litlle better. Trust me the Drenalin will be one of the top 5 bows this year. This review was my honest opinion. I have never owned a Hoyt or a Mathews, so their is nothing to be loyal to for me. I have however shot quite a few of them to test in the past. In fact I currently own a Bowtech Old Glory and am not in the market for a new bow. Just reviewing these new bows for fun.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 AM

Grandviewer, I don't know if this was directed towards me or not but i'm gonna reply anyway. I assume you are a loyal Mathews Shooter from your posts. If I am wrong I am sorry. But if you are a loyal Mathews shooter, great for you, loyalty is a great trait to have. I never said the Drenalin was crap, just that in my opinion the Vectrix was just a litlle better. Trust me the Drenalin will be one of the top 5 bows this year. This review was my honest opinion. I have never owned a Hoyt or a Mathews, so their is nothing to be loyal to for me. I have however shot quite a few of them to test in the past. In fact I currently own a Bowtech Old Glory and am not in the market for a new bow. Just reviewing these new bows for fun.
PA Hardwood
Nah it's not aimed at you or anyone here, I wouldn't begin to downslide into one of those silly nonsense debates. Your post does clear up your interest in this test and I think that adds better credentials to your test and personal opinion.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Grandviewer

PA Hardwood
Nah it's not aimed at you or anyone here, I wouldn't begin to downslide into one of those silly nonsense debates. Your post does clear up your interest in this test and I think that adds better credentials to your test and personal opinion.
Thanks Grandviewer, I didn't really think it was aimed at me. I hate those silly debates myself, those get out of hand alot over on that "other" site. I appreciate the credibility comment. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do fell I am knowledgeable in matters regarding bows. Like I have stated before I just do these reviews for fun.I still highly recomend that people don't take my word for it and go out and shoot every bow they can get their hands on then make a decision on what you like the best.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:19 PM

I still highly recomend that people don't take my word for it and go out and shoot every bow they can get their hands on then make a decision on what you like the best.
I am doing the same thing and there are several others not easily found in our areasuch as the Ross line and the Evotek bow line http://www.evotekbows.com/to mention just these two plus these may not be the bows in the top ten tested for this year butthey havemy interest.
Good luck to you and I hope these conversations don't discourage you.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:22 PM

Not discouraged at all. I know some guys will never agree with what I write or say. That's life. I just agree to disagree. Some of the other lines like ROSS are hard to find here too. But the next on my to test list are the new Bowtech's.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Great review!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might wait one more year to see if there are any bugs that develop in either of these bows. My reflex is only a year old and shooting great but I would still like to have a second bow.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

That was a very nice reveiw. The only thing i dont know if i agree with is the handshock in the drenalin. But i have been shooting a Mathews Ultra Max which is kinda old so i dont exactly know how a extremlysmooth bow shoots. I also like how you dont pick a side in my opinion its not the bow that makes a good hunter its the person shooten the bow that makes you good or not. But i really liked your reveiw, thank you.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an XT (which will be for sale) and a Drenalin. I shot both side by side and do not notice a difference in hand shock at all. I also do not get any string buzz from my Drenalin.

Could it be that the rest, sight, or stabilizer was loose?

I believe the Drenalin is a bit smoother than the XT and they "feel" very much alike EXCEPT the weight. You do notice the nearly half pound difference in overall weight.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 AM

Sorry Primitive I beg to differ. The only thing on the Drenalin and I know for a fact it was tight. There was a noticeable difference between the XT and the Drenalin when it came to hand shock and string buzz. But IMHO that is due to the overall lighter weight of the Drenalin. Heavier weight bows soak up more noise and vibration. Just like arrows do. I didn't hate the Drenalin I just thought it was not worth giving up an XT for.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods
Sorry Primitive I beg to differ.
No apologies needed......you have a right to state your opinion.

Quick Reply: Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.